Elevator Forum

Westinghouse Questi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse Question

28 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
54.2 K Views
(@micmerci)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just as an update "G" is not the bottom landing so B69 would not apply. I am really a novice as far as Westinghouse is concerned. The selector really is not like Otis. Even if I could completely eliminate homing for the time being would be an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions guys.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Mic
What is the print number for the car call relays?
Example 446C774



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
B69 is bottom floor selector reset...hence T69 is top. If you have multiple basements it won't work....If you only had 1 basement it might! M69 is main floor selector relay indication! You could try using a selector contact to trigger the call? What type of selector are you using? Relay or the old "monkey on a stick".

Last edited by halfpick; 12/10/13 02:17 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@micmerci)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Relay type selector



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There you go. Find a unused back contact of the floor you want to home and a timer to activate when car is away from landing after a given time. Once timer sets it will place a 300 call to start car to landing. Almost like a NDR feature (intense up demand) relay... I would temp. wire the feature and try it out. It won't be perfect, but better than rewiring controller and you can return it back to original dispatching fairly easy!



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: halfpick
There you go. Find a unused back contact of the floor you want to home and a timer to activate when car is away from landing after a given time. Once timer sets it will place a 300 call to start car to landing. Almost like a NDR feature (intense up demand) relay... I would temp. wire the feature and try it out. It won't be perfect, but better than rewiring controller and you can return it back to original dispatching fairly easy!

half pick would you then have to disconnect or turn off the original homing circuit so you don't have a car race from floor to floor?



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You bring up a good point. Is it homing you want to change or Next Available with doors open and hall lantern lit? My circuit won't do that. Not an easy fix! My circuit will send a car to a floor you select.Open doors then close them, should stay at that floor (available) unless dispatched elsewhere. Once call is registered at floor a 42 relay will then open doors lite hall lantern and ring bell! That's why I would jumper in the circuit..Did I really just Say Jumper!!!!I meant circuit diverter and play with the design. You should be able to interupt the old homing circuit if you have the correct wiring sheets!

Last edited by halfpick; 12/13/13 03:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: halfpick
You bring up a good point. Is it homing you want to change or Next Available with doors open and hall lantern lit? My circuit won't do that. Not an easy fix! My circuit will send a car to a floor you select.Open doors then close them, should stay at that floor (available) unless dispatched elsewhere. Once call is registered at floor a 42 relay will then open doors lite hall lantern and ring bell! That's why I would jumper in the circuit..Did I really just Say Jumper!!!!I meant circuit diverter and play with the design. You should be able to interupt the old homing circuit if you have the correct wiring sheets!

HP I think the poster wanted to change the level at which lifts homed at the bottom ie the main floor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah, I got that..And G is a floor below 1 which was the old main lobby for the elevators! G is now the new lobby, but it isn't the lowest floor for the elevators? Must have a garage or basement level....Just trying to determine if homing is the same as "next in lobby"....Most old Westinghouse units came wired with these provisions...Usually a jumper on two terminals to activate or (remove jumper) to eliminate feature! Usually the first page of the prints with all the available features on the controller!

Only stating that if you want to change homing of elevators with same " Next Features" just like old main floor...That gets alittle involved! GoodLuck!

Last edited by halfpick; 12/14/13 03:28 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: halfpick
Yeah, I got that..And G is a floor below 1 which was the old main lobby for the elevators! G is now the new lobby, but it isn't the lowest floor for the elevators? Must have a garage or basement level....Just trying to determine if homing is the same as "next in lobby"....Most old Westinghouse units came wired with these provisions...Usually a jumper on two terminals to activate or (remove jumper) to eliminate feature! Usually the first page of the prints with all the available features on the controller!

Only stating that if you want to change homing of elevators with same " Next Features" just like old main floor...That gets alittle involved! GoodLuck!

Yep mate agree. The use other car or next up car would all be affected.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
All this to re-engineer a 40 year old system is ridiculous. I know it is possible, an old Westinghouse hand could do it. But you are messing with group operation, maybe fire recall, if it has that. Call electrodyne or a similar company that has engineers and insurance. The Hotel really needs to upgrade to a whole new system. An Overlay will address the problem but it really isn't the best way. Doing this as a Technician should not be an option.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: john jay
All this to re-engineer a 40 year old system is ridiculous. I know it is possible, an old Westinghouse hand could do it. But you are messing with group operation, maybe fire recall, if it has that. Call electrodyne or a similar company that has engineers and insurance. The Hotel really needs to upgrade to a whole new system. An Overlay will address the problem but it really isn't the best way. Doing this as a Technician should not be an option.

I agree, they need to mod. Although I hate overlays, an MCE would cut out the dispatcher and control fire service and all the code requirments of today.

I have an old 1968 REL job that had an MCE overlay installed in 1995. I'm starting to have issues with the MCE, it's almost 20years old. Who relies on a 20 year old car to get to work, much less a 46 year old elevator to keep guests happy?

Last edited by E-man; 12/14/13 04:13 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with the last few posts...The system is old and needs an upgrade. Sounds like they just restarted this hotel again....May need alittle time to get going before elevators are upgraded. Most likely upgraded the rooms...That is what people see? Bottom Line....That 40 year old system can still dance....But then what do I know,,,I'm just an old Circle W man!

Last edited by halfpick; 12/14/13 05:19 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top