Elevator Forum

Westinghouse Questi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse Question

28 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
54.2 K Views
(@micmerci)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9017]
I have a new job with 3 Westinghouse traction cars. The controllers are type smfa-rel. The building is a hotel that has just reopened. They changed the lobby from 1 to G which is a floor below. How do I get the cars to home at the new floor? Thanks.



   
Quote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
While not knowing this equipment, in my experience homing have its own unique circuits that either feed a link to the lobby floor as a car or landing call. It may mean you need to trace that out and remove this link and replace it at the new floor. I would do it via terminal blocks at the back of the controller so it can be reversed if the need arises.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hopefully you have the original prints, it probably has basement service incorporated already. look into that circuit to see what you can do with it. that dispatcher can be complicated, its going to take some time to figure it out. Im not really sure what the basement service circuit is for, as i have never had to deal with it, but it might lead you in the right direction should be a fun challenge, good luck



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
M,
If you do have the prints, Westinghouse I believe use one of their relays for parking. I'm not familiar with the smfa-rel how does that differ from ERL?

Last edited by jkh; 11/19/13 04:17 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorman15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Look for M69 switch at 1st floor and move it down to G



   
ReplyQuote
(@micmerci)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
M69 is an individual type ES relay. How do I move it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: micmerci
M69 is an individual type ES relay. How do I move it?

This is generally why you can spot mechanics from also rans(if this is what you mean). You never move 'switches/relays', as they dont need to move anywhere. Its the 'contacts' that make circuits so that's what you would move and I think what the poster meant. Spacial awareness is needed sometimes to be a lift mechanic as well as sometimes the ability to 'think outside the box'.

So if this contact is what actually sends the feed to the call relay then I would think I would disconnect these wires from the relay, and then just leave them in circuit at the other end and just terminate them in a connector and leave them be(so if the levels change again this can be reversed. Also mark then so other's can know what they are and mark the print also). Then I would simply copy what the old circuit(to level 1) is, at the g level and replace those 2 wires to the M69 relay.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Uppo,
Vatorman15 is not suggesting to move the M69 relay...
M69 relay provides a function. Micmerci should see this on his print.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: jkh
Uppo,
Vatorman15 is not suggesting to move the M69 relay...
M69 relay provides a function. Micmerci should see this on his print.

Hey mate after seeing the print you sent me, I see what he meant. However im still not sure why that is important as it appears to be a limit to indicate the lift is actually on the main floor ( and drop the relay to stop the lift homing)but it doesn't send the lift there though. Even if you have a home relay with this m69 contact in circuit, you are still in cct to the previous main level of 1 not the level of g which is required now. Wouldn't you have to change where to give the lift a car call( level 1 to level g)?

If you understand what im trying to say.

Last edited by uppo72; 12/07/13 07:49 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: uppo72
Originally Posted By: micmerci
M69 is an individual type ES relay. How do I move it?

This is generally why you can spot mechanics from also rans(if this is what you mean). You never move 'switches/relays', as they dont need to move anywhere. Its the 'contacts' that make circuits so that's what you would move and I think what the poster meant. Spacial awareness is needed sometimes to be a lift mechanic as well as sometimes the ability to 'think outside the box'.

So if this contact is what actually sends the feed to the call relay then I would think I would disconnect these wires from the relay, and then just leave them in circuit at the other end and just terminate them in a connector and leave them be(so if the levels change again this can be reversed. Also mark then so other's can know what they are and mark the print also). Then I would simply copy what the old circuit(to level 1) is, at the g level and replace those 2 wires to the M69 relay.

Disregard this post. I didn't quite recognise the cct it referring to. My apologies.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wonder if when the car becomes available while it's not at the M69 floor (after a certain amount of time maybe). Get's down direction and a start through selector contacts and heads for the switch? Just a guess. Move the switch and see.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Uppo
I'm trying to find out more.

E-man
I'm 99% sure that is correct.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: jkh
Uppo
I'm trying to find out more.

E-man
I'm 99% sure that is correct.

Interesting.... Does this system operate like the Otis selector/control in that it doesn't have floor relays and the lift doesn't actually know where it is but just instructed to start/ stop when and where its told? If so what your saying will work as all it needs is a stop input(hs/cs) on Otis). My reasoning previously was I thought this system had individual floor relays and car/landing call relays.

Last edited by uppo72; 12/08/13 01:11 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If "g" happens to be the bottom landing now it will have a B69 relay. If extra unused contacts are available simply install a timer that puts a car call 301 in after timer sees it's been away from that floor at a preset time. You could actually prewire it to test if it's what your looking for? And then modify to suit job conditions. You may need to install contacts to disable feature i.e. (fire feature)



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: halfpick
If "g" happens to be the bottom landing now it will have a B69 relay. If extra unused contacts are available simply install a timer that puts a car call 301 in after timer sees it's been away from that floor at a preset time. You could actually prewire it to test if it's what your looking for? And then modify to suit job conditions. You may need to install contacts to disable feature i.e. (fire feature)

Hey mate, just to confirm I think the poster said the client 'wants' to change the home feature from level 1 to g so when you say it has its B69(is it b or m?) meaning its already been modified or all levels will have this relay? Does this equipment have normal climbing or does it operate like an Otis system and is given a direction and stop inpulse only.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top