Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Trapped in dmc-1

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,107 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22229]
Hi guys. Got a dmc1 passengers getting trapped at the bottom terminal landing. Hall button opens doors. Car calls are accepted , doors close , car does not move and cpu shuts down .. door open will not even re open doors to let you out..
I got it to move by calling it from the next landing above the bottom floor..I think I have a switch tree problem. Does any one know what terminal points I can check in controller to see if I have proper voltage coming from shaftway switches when the car shuts down at bottom terminal landing ?



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
FAST tool? No?
Tough without one.
Possibilities are:
1) Car is going LOO due to broken TSL wires on switch tree, or dirty contacts.
Once a direction is established, doors are closed and until LOO time expires, the doors won’t respond to DOB, and depending on rise, that could be set to 60 seconds or more.
Did you reset the mainline and then you called it above? I ask because that TSL business can be intermittent, and you said “the cpu shuts down”, but then you say you “called it from above”.

Typical with switch failure is Car will run up on access from bottom, but on auto, with up call in, it just sort of feels like a bump up, but doesn’t actually move.
Look on the relay board, and you might see markings consistent with TSL1/TSL2 silkscreened on the board, but examination of switch tree wiring is a must.

2) Another place to look is a clogged up level adjuster screen. Count threads showing and note. Land car on the springs, (manual lowering) and then remove the up leveler assembly. Once out, remove the adjuster and hold the screened side up to bright light and you should be able to see light through it at an angle. If it appears dark or goopy linty just looking at it, it might be clogged. Replace if you suspect this as short of tearing off the screen, they’re difficult to clean with any assurance. This would be a good time to replace the o-ring if all checks good.

3) Bad relay contacts. UP1/2...DN1/2...etc.

4) Do you even know if your MS contactor is pulling in? Seen that before too.

Ask your employer to get you dmc-1 prints at the very least.
Just a few ideas here.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Regarding (2), I've seen that happen before, it turned out that pieces of insulation from the tank cover had fallen into the oil and ended up in different spots in the valve, causing the issues you described above. In the end we had to clean the valve and filter the oil.

S



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok thanks guys. I have fast program but I cannot hook up in this machine room. No outlet and my computer has to be plugged in to work. But I could connect it on top of car with a big laddder from floor above next time. It’s extremely intermittent ... some times weeks go by .. I do not know if contractor is goin in But that is what I really want to know. Lol. I couldn’t tell the one time it trapped me inside. And yes elmcannic it came up to 2nd floor after I reset it. My plan was to drop down with ladder and try n move on inspection. But when I hit hall button it came up



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
When I was stuck I entered, placed call up, Doors closed and I think I possibly did feel a tiny bumb. But definitely not sure. Next thing I knew call dropped out and it wouldn’t open door or take a call. I was inside for 15 mins It never responded to door open until main line was reset.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could you hear the motor running?
Are you getting any selector faults like a 006? Kind of sounds like the selector is going into lockup.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was pretty sure I did not hear motor running. Next time I’m goin to check faults. To solve selector lock up would you change main selector board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No, selector locks up for critical faults. What you replace will depend on the fault. If it is a 006 I would suggest replacing the DZR reed switch but that usually happens as the car leaves the door zone and that switch doesn’t drop. Once you check the faults and record them, clear the logs so next time it happens you won’t be looking at so many old faults.

Unless your low oil timer is set to like 15 minutes I doubt that’s what’s going on but you’ll know if you have 013 faults in the CLC.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top