Elevator Forum

Torin Gearless Mach...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Torin Gearless Machines?????

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.1 K Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3211]
Has anyone installed any Torin geared or gearless machines? I'm really interested in the MRL gearless with the 2nd brake.



   
Quote
 Eric
(@Eric)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What do you wish yo know.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Have you installed any of these machines in the states? If so, which controller manufacture did you pair it with? What is your overall impression of the machine and brake design? Would you use them again or do you prefer another manufacture? We are looking for an alternative machine that is more competitively priced than the imperial machines. The Torin machine was brought up as one that might work for our application. I'm looking for feedback on weather it's a good product or not.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GURULI)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hello, we have installed both types, geared and gearless, paired with STEP amd Monarch systems, works very good..we are satisfied



   
ReplyQuote
 Eric
(@Eric)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello
I have not installed any as I am a trouble shooter, and not in the States. They are paired with TKE controls.I personally do not like MRLs, but since they are here to stay, my appinion is that they are a very good and thus far quite reliable. The brakes are a little loud, aprox. 65 db at 3 feet. Working with the brake is quite easy and should be gaged and set up regularly.Hope this helps.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eric
(@Eric)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Forgot to mention that if the brake gets hot, the holding voltage may be to low and the brakes may drag due to not enough lift.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top