Elevator Forum

Smart Rise Controll...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smart Rise Controllers

34 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
90.1 K Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3212]
What do you guys think of the Smart Rise controllers? We've installed quite a few of these. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this equipment that they would like to share?

Last edited by Administrator; 04/12/12 11:32 PM.


   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've only seen one, thought it was pretty slick.

Howz the price, compared to MCE's M2000?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The pricing is competitive to the MCE M2000 controller. I think in some cases the Smart Rise is a little cheaper. I do like the customer service at Smart Rise better than Motion. It doesn't take 45 minutes to talk to someone. So far, the Smart Rise have been very easy to install and once adjusted they run great with no issues. I was just curious what other mechanics thought of this equipment.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've run across several units but have no experience with them. However I did price them several times and found them to not be competitive. When we priced them 3-5 years ago it was against MCE, EC, GAL and Virgina. I'm glad to here you say they have been competitive. I will give them another chance.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I may come across as a salesman for them. That is the ONLY controller we will install. It is such a smooth ride on the hydro's. We are putting in the first traction this year with the smartrise, don't have any experience with the traction yet. On the spot with their delivery times and great after the sale support. What an easy product to install, adjust, and change parameters. The price has always been cheaper to me. When you add in the fact that you use less wires and smaller duct, to us it has been an easy choice.

Last edited by solidstate; 04/13/12 01:20 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@tower)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Solidstate, wich area have you inslated the smartrise ? CA ? or other state ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise has 24 volt door locks. Make sure you Clean them every month. I like everything when it runs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
24 volts? 😕 Not so "smart".



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I've never installed one with 24 volt door locks. All of them have been 120 VAC. Were they using 24 volts in the early versions?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe, we just had a new one installed I will check it out maybe they learned from their mistakes. I wish I would do the same.



   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
24 volt door locks were the earlier version. They now come with 120v. They offer an upgrade kit for around $300 to convert the older models to the higher voltage locks. They also sell a snubber kit to eliminate the communication fault caused by the arc when the main and brake contactor drop.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Arctic Man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've installed 6 Smartrise controllers in the last 2 years and they are by far my favorite. Their customer support is great also! Just out of curiosity, why would you consider the 24V interlocks to be troublesome? Provided the interlocks have proper contact swipe, I can't see how this would present any issues.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Might be ok in most applications.
But sometimes, you can have a really long run back to the controller, and experience some voltage drop, (maybe some induced noise incidently), and if there are any tarnished connections, or grit and grime on the interlocks, bang, there you go, a shutdown. Evidently, it happened enough to where SmartRise thought best to change it.

Years ago, Schindler had low voltage locks, and they too later thought better of it, and switched to higher voltage. That seems to be the consensus here. But you're not wrong in thinking that, in good conditions, 24 volts is ok. I agree.

Originally Posted By: Arctic Man
I've installed 6 Smartrise controllers in the last 2 years and they are by far my favorite. Their customer support is great also! Just out of curiosity, why would you consider the 24V interlocks to be troublesome? Provided the interlocks have proper contact swipe, I can't see how this would present any issues.

Last edited by Vic; 04/14/12 06:10 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Troubleshooting Smartrise is a horror when the problem is not your typical door lock or gate switch failure. Take a look at the prints, the information given is very vague. They give you point to point of the main circuits but nothing else. I agree when they run they run smooth and tuning them up is fairly easy but when problems arise they are not your easy to find like your typical MCE. All 3 SRU boards are interchangeable but you need to download the program into each board before use.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
One Armor job here has 240 volts on the locks and car gate, in the last 8 years we haven't had one door lock problem.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top