Elevator Forum

Tac50-04 communicat...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac50-04 communication

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
22.5 K Views
(@jj5phil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14734]
I am having trouble getting ims to communicate with a tac50-04 controller. I have used this ims on other tac50-04 controllers with no problems. I get my red electrical plug but job config wont download just says waiting. so I never get my lightbulb in the job tree.



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
jj,
So, it does not load the parameters, right? Does the "Reload" button like flash at all?
Maybe try this;
Once you've established the "plugs", close the program and open it again and see if it loads completely. I've had this where it won't load either the car or group, but doing what I described seems to take care of it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Usually after you rename the Net created for the job elmcannic is right on. Have to close program and restart for sure.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jj5phil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Did what you described, but still can't group or car to load. Job is 16 Bit CPU not installed by thyssen. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. Ive tried using both 16 and 32 bit IMS. can get red plugs on 16 bit but nothing on 32 bit.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm no expert with this tool, but let me ask you this. Did you do the job setup before connecting to the controller? If yes, did you disconnect it from the controller and try deleting job setup and start again?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
if it is tac50-04 are u using the ims cpua program?



   
ReplyQuote
(@jj5phil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is a 16 bit cpu. Job was installed by a 3rd party not thyssen. cpua program is for 32 bit jobs but I did try it. No luck. Just to make sure the laptop was working I deleted another job and then created it again from scratch and it worked. This is the first job Ive had trouble connecting to. I am curious about the jumper config on the 6300vf2 and the 6300vh3. don't know if they might have something to do with problem. Making things worse is the fact the UIT has been removed.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could it have anything to do with the PC Node setting?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
JKH may be on to something if the building has a customer tool IMS PC.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also try adding a few more groups...chances are it could be set as group 2 car xx and it doesn't prompt you when you just stay at group 1 car 1.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Uhhhh
How about the actual Dshell connector itself...does the TAC50-04 have both the RS232 and the RS485 connection points like the TAC20? Should be plugged into 232 I believe. Anyone?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
32 Bit with a 9 pin connector RS232...



   
ReplyQuote
(@jj5phil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Found out that the software will have to be changed in order for ims to work. This is a proprietary icon controller. only the third party installing company has the ability to communicate with this controller. According to the local thyssen guys they change software when they get one of these controllers on service, which is no problem for thyssen, kind of sucks for me though. I'm now Trying to get new software from thyssen, I'll see how it goes.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a special bit set on the crypkey site key generator just for the Icon controller on both 16 bit ver 2.3xx or 32 bit ver 2.4xx. If it is ver 2.5 or above it requires a different type of site key generator.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top