Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac32 testing run

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,856 Views
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40765]
I have a tac32 that faults about once a day trapping the same person each time. I want to set it up to run continuously from 1st to 3rd flooor and back again without risking a passenger, so I can test the elevator after it faults, without a POR. Anyone know a way to set this up?



   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Turn off door disconnect at IOE BOARD
Set 061 to 1
Set M13 to 60



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks, I have it running now, hoping it will fault over weekend.



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Came back Saturday, since I was concerned about overheating. Apparently M13=60 is actually 6 seconds. Set it to 300 and got 30 seconds.

Anyway, I found a half dozen faults mostly heat related and found the two faults I was looking for. 1530 and safety string open.

I checked the controller and then the selector, something looked odd so I measured and found the bottom slowdown magnet at the top floor had slid down 5 inches. It appeared to be glued in place. Pushed a little harder and got it to slide back in place, glued it down and ran a hoistscan.

It's now running random without doors, dwelling for 30 seconds at each stop.

Crossed fingers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s the 1530 for sure



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The 1530 fault did not show up. Got 7 faults but was still running Monday morning. 2709, 1021, 2055, 1021, 2757, 2755 and 1926. Going to try reinstalling software as the last fault suggests.



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
After reinstalling software, I'm getting 3 faults. 1926, 2755 and 2757. If anyone has a good idea, I would appreciate the help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't know the 2755 or 2757 but I'd guess it's an overspeed in the terminal slow down top or bottom. Do your faults give an explanation?



   
ReplyQuote
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Both 2755 & faults are to do with your safety processor.
2755 is "SP False AC Peak detect Interupt" - check your wiring connections and more importantly your grounds. I can't remember off hand what 2757 is unfortunately.
1926 is your NP I/O mismatch with CPU.
You might have bad software

Edit*
Fault Code 2757 is:
Selector CAN message timeout. Data from the Selector was not received in the alloted time.
You either have a loose connection or noise on your CAN

Last edited by omgitsonme; 03/16/26 02:52 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
At this point I'm looking for software. I suspect there may be an issue with the version I have since I reinstalled twice and already went through all the connections I can find. The faults are a nuisance at this point, since it's not shutting down.



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can type in “VER” in IMS to check your SW version and job SW to make sure it matches the job.



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
After reinstalling the same software. I ended up with a single selector fault that would shut the elevator down for a few minutes while leveling to the lower floor. I went to the selector and found a 6" magnet that had drifted about 3" from the bottom of a strip of magnets. It appeared to be glued in place and with a bit of force i was able to move it back an silicone it in place. It's been running ever since.

Note: This failure helped me with a sister elevator in the same complex, it also had a selector magnet that had moved 1/4th inch at an angle. Sad that about 5 years after a modernization things are coming loose.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top