The Tac32 from last year did have an extra fault that mentioned an actual failure of the Dynamic Sensors, where this Tac20 does not show that fault. I conjectured that maybe the Tac20 doesn’t show that level of detail, because it also doesn’t have a WJR command that I can “see for details” that the Tac32 manual mentions.
New Dynamic Sensors made no improvement, call returned the next day.
Here I just have a 1068 “dual post jack resynch racking error” and the 1122 “selector Node B CAN com is offline.”
Note that this job has a long history of displaying that 1122 as just part of a list of errors noted down over time, and that fault did not apparently cause shutdowns. The 1068 is the new kid on the block.
I have noticed that when the job does its scheduled resynch, it does a double resynch, not just the single that happens when I do a “force jack resynch” command.
Jacks have new seals, etc. in the last year, no leakage, and within 1/2 inch of synch.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!!
Seems like I need some illumination on that 1068 and what causes it.
Not sure - is that adjustable from the U I T?
All I’ve found that I can see from the UIT is the Force Jack Resynch command and the Adj. 044 (Jack Resync Interval) which is default set to 1500.
The Tac32 manual (this is a Tac20) shows a JRT adjustment, but that just sets when it auto resyncs, apparently. That is 9am, I believe. I haven’t seen any adjustments that address the duration of a resync function?
In observing a resynch from the carton, the car settles a few inches, pauses, then settles to the springs and the piston bolts bottom on both sides, sits for about...5 seconds, then slaps back up to the platens. On an FJR, it happens once, on a scheduled synch it does it twice.
Is there any compelling reason not to change Adjustment 030 (jack resync interval) from 1 (auto resync every day) to a higher number, since my seals are all in good shape? If so, what is the legitimate range of adjustment for that one?
Increasing which - duration (029) or interval (030)?
I am basing my evaluation of the inner seals on the fact that the pistons do appear to be staying sync’d and not floating up or down. Is that a valid metric?
The bolts aren’t free, but do subside without any apparent resistance. By dovetail do you mean slack before the bolt heads bottom in the style caps? As in, unscrew the bolts far enough that the top piston doesn’t hang from the style cap when re-synchronizing? I’ve wondered about that, every single one of these twin post telescoping jobs we see out here has the bolts run down all the way, giving them about 2.5 inches of sag, but they always hang from the bolt heads - no idea how much more bolt needs to be exposed for the stack to actually completely settle.
Is it normal to have to do a no-spring FJR at every visit, or just for “problem children?”