Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
21/08/2011 10:41 pm
Any way to fool a TAC20 in order to do an ETS test on a 175fpm hydro? Inspector has to see it do an emergency high speed stop on an annual pressure test. I know the parameters are P17 & P18 but without a laptop it's not changeable. Ideas?
22/08/2011 10:14 am
Put more test weights in it?
If that's not enough, (because overspeed will make it fault out before hitting the rail switch), then maybe you could disable speed feedback somehow.
If that's not enough, (because overspeed will make it fault out before hitting the rail switch), then maybe you could disable speed feedback somehow.
I'm just throwing out ideas...Not a Tac 20 guy myself...
Topic starter
22/08/2011 8:05 pm
It's a hydraulic, not a traction. No overspeed trips, and no weights used. Another one of those deals where a customer gets screwed by the big 4 because their stuff is proprietary even though they say it's not!Only an issue because the car is 175fpm. No ETS on a 150fpm hydro. Maybe we will just slow it down to 150fpm and put a change the speed to 150 on the data plate.No more ETS test then.
22/08/2011 9:39 pm
From looking at the print it looks like you can take term. TSL1 (con3-5 on 188 E board)and TSL2 (con3-6 on 188E board) to G24 to simulate ETSL. There is no mech sw. on a TAC 20 its all done through the selector. The input is active low. Also on the TAC 20 the term. slowdowns are through mags on the back of the tape at the term. landings so you can also throw a couple of mags on the back of the tape in the same lane in the middle of the hoistway run to simulate also.
Topic starter
22/08/2011 10:06 pm
I figured that if I looked at the print long enough I could figure something out like that. Problem is I hate not having a print here and then trying to figure it out while the inspector is right there, although he's a good guy. I am sure he wants to see it at the terminal. Problem with that is you can't slow down at the floor, it has to be at full speed. I will come up with something. ThyssenKrupp has people by the balls because of this kind of garbage. Wish World would hurry up and make a damn tool for the TAC20, as they have been out for a long time now and there are a million of the damn things. This one is just an oddity because it runs 175. Funny thing is, my guys actually installed it back when I was the construction super at TKE.
23/08/2011 6:37 pm
What you need is to tell this inspector to get a life lol. ETS test on a 175 ft/min hydro is pretty ridicules.
Topic starter
23/08/2011 7:28 pm
I agree, but thats what NEIS wants to see. Gonna try to get him to let me show him that the ETSL sensors see the magnets at the terminals and then get him to allow me to stick a magnet in the hatch halfway and simulate it. Otherwise it can't be done and the OEM company beats down the independent once again.
24/08/2011 3:55 am
If you need to go into the ETSL full speed you can always jump out your normal terminal slowdown, which would be G24 to NTST and G24 to DLT. Those act like a normally closed sw. just like a normal elevator w/ normal mech. limit sw's. Now the only other issue is running at high speed in insp. since its prob an I2 valve your gonna have to pick the high speed solenoid which you can do by swapping the up fast and up slow solenoids or swapping the wires in the controller for the solenoid. A lot to do for a simple ETSL test but w/o a seevice tool its hard to manipulate. I work for Otis so we do have a service tool. luckily. Or unluckily TAC 20's are a nightmare sometimes esp. holeless w/ the resync circuit.