All new PCBs in the controller (several have been changed more than once).
All new power supplies.
New traveling cable.
New TCP (several).
New FCBs.
He's monitored the main line voltage + had a scope on it. He's min-maxed all the power supply voltages for days - no adverse readings. Checked all diodes in the controller. Checked the zener diodes in the car station. The only "thing" he knows for sure is that the MPT PCB is dropping the output to the power relay when it resets.
No, we're over here on the east coast. I've been up there with him and he's changed all of the power supplies in the controller. I don't think he's actually pulled on the wires, that's worth trying.
The oem ones I think are 28 amps
The cheap replacements come at like 7 or 8 amps
We found this too be a problem when a car would go down and switch dispatching roles .The car with generic power supply would reset similar to your issue. The current output just wasn't enough to handle the load . Is the car using fiber optics on the pulse wheel ?
The oem ones I think are 28 amps
The cheap replacements come at like 7 or 8 amps
We found this too be a problem when a car would go down and switch dispatching roles .The car with generic power supply would reset similar to your issue. The current output just wasn't enough to handle the load . Is the car using fiber optics on the pulse wheel ?
Yes, it's using fiber optics on the pulse wheel. He replaced the fiber and the heads not all that long ago for a different problem.
All voltages were checked at the board and set with Fluke 87s, I'm not sure of the exact voltage he set it at, but he had a very seasoned Westinghouse Adjuster spend about 3 days on it up there with him and they replaced all the boards again. It's been running (we think), For some reason I think it's a wiring and/or connection problem.