Elevator Forum

Tac20 Connection Is...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac20 Connection Issues

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,719 Views
(@ZeroProxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40157]
Howdy all,

I have a tac20 with the rs232 plug which just won’t connect to IMS, I tried all IMS versions blue black grey etc but it still won’t connect, keeps saying no device connected. I tried several cables, DB9 with 32 pin adapter, regular 9 to 32 cable and even my usb to serial, 3 different laptops and still no connection. There’s a second elevator in the building that does connect but not this one, any suggestions or workarounds for this is welcome. Not shutdown just need to adjust the door speeds, it has a HD-98 operator which has a plug on the operator box but I honestly don’t know if I can try ims directly there or if that’s a 485 port and don’t wanna mess anything up.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It sounds like the serial port on the 188e is bad. The only other way to adjust the door speeds would be with a UIT (6300HL1) plugged directly into the door board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check your baud rate should be 12,600. You should be using the blue icon. you have to set up a network a group in a car. You need to hit the reload button once the lightbulbs are up and turned red highlight a car and open up your workspace. You should be using the DB nine pin to 32 pin connector and it plugs into the IOD board. It’s probably just a configuration error good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@ZeroProxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately the door board I have does not have the UIT slot, it’s an older PY if I’m not mistaken which still uses the white plugs like the Dover ones.

As far as IMS goes I do have a new network and group/car for this elevator and also tried creating additional groups/cars.

I’ll try swapping the 188e to check if it might be the serial port.

Last edited by ZeroProxy; 09/19/25 01:45 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve seen just the serial port fail on a 188e before. If you can talk to another car with the same setup & network and you never see direct connection on this one it’s probably the board. Tac20s can take a long time to connect but when that happens you’ll see it bounce back and forth between direct connection and no device connected. If you’re really lucky there could be an adjusted job file on a USB stick or floppy but most likely you’ll have to get a factory job file and LON config and adjust the thing from scratch.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top