Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis GCS

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,848 Views
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40162]
I have an Otis GCS MRL. The car gets a GO 58 fault every time it goes to run. I performed the troubleshooting procedure for GO 58 ended up finding out everything is in the correct state except when I I have 120 V at P 22–5 it drops to zero when I flip the car on car top inspection however, when you turn on the car top inspection, the input never goes high on the tool if I pull the wire, I can change the state of the IO. Also, my drive never has my CNT – zero relay from inside the drive pic which picks the Z relay for my brake. My drive is an OVFR1A – 402. I don’t have any paperwork on this drive besides the print drawing of the circuts. On the drive itself I’m getting a 913 MCSS warning a 401 and a402 which I know is usually the brake switches but I think I may be getting this because the Z relay isn’t picking and all these seem to cause a Geo 21 dry fault I’m not really sure what’s going on. Any helps appreciated

.



   
Quote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Likely an issue with the S1 / S2 relays on the drive board. These are soldered on. You can try tapping them and see if the fault clears. Either way you will likely need a new drive or solder on new relays.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jeff Marmur)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
More than likely the relays in the drive. I recommend sending the drive out to NDC to get it repaired. Not field serviceable



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ll add I recently dealt with this, and it ended up being a bad auxiliary on the SW contractor in the bottom of the drive. There are a few revisions of these drives but worth checking.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top