Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac20

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25.7 K Views
(@Stall Protection)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What's the consensus on the blue finder relays these days? I had a car go down due to the NC contact on VC1A causing the loss of the MCD input.

I have a stash of 24vdc finder relays with blue, clear, and yellow covers. Is one of these preferred over the other?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think the blue ones are the only that are legal. They have to be force guided to meet code. The orangish ones are 120vac. Not sure on the clear ones but I think Otis was putting in the kind of neon yellowish ones that were not force guided.
I have personally seen lots of problems with the shrack relays in blue bases and do suggest using blue finders if you have them or replacing the board or bases if you’re inclined.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have to have to correct socket for the relay you use or there is problems.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stall Protection)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's good that you mentioned force guided since now that I look, the relay that failed was not this style. I know the customer just had the previous company replace all the relays in the controller and now it looks like we'll need to get those out of there. I'm aware of the shrack relays, have a few but I've read too many of your posts to feel comfortable using those.

Looks like my clear and yellow cover spares I have are the same part number and are force guided.

https://imgur.com/a/X0K2dys



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Rolly
You have to have to correct socket for the relay you use or there is problems.

Ya Rolly seems like common sense right?
But at some point it was decided at Thyssen that the blue finder relays were unreliable and must be replaced with the Schrack relays. It happened before I came to service but a quick side by side comparison of the 2 relays should tell anyone that the Schracks will cause problems in the Finder bases.

I don’t see a problem with those other Finder relays you have. Strange that the one you have that isn’t force guided is a Blue one. Does it look like it’s been opened?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top