Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC20-03 Issue

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.7 K Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34463]
Got a 4-stop TAC20-03 giving me problems. Changed the 3 volt battery on the IOA board and lost floor 3 & 4 Hall & Car Calls. Floors 1& 2 work fine. The IO's for the CC and Hall Calls for 3 & 4 are gone from the IO map and I cannot add IO's in IMS when I right click in the IO map the option is not there. I can place Hall and Car Calls for all 4 floors from IMS and the car will go. No faults. Relearned the Hoistway and it passes. Have FCP for all 4 floors. Have been through parameters, but can't find what is wrong. Looking for suggestions on where to go next. Thanks



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow I’ve never seen IOs disappear before. Do you know that your IMS is capable of changing IOs? There were some versions that it didn’t work on. It's worth a shot to add the IOs back in if you can but probably going to have to reload the job.



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well there is more to the story. This car originally wouldn’t come off fire service so a colleague suggested I check the 3v battery. It was dead and needed to be replaced. After replacing it came off fire service but needed a new HW scan but it kept failing. Come to find out that it appears to have the wrong job loaded in it (not the correct job number). After going through everything I’ve got it all the way back except the car & hall call io’s are missing in IO map. Maybe it’s my version of IMS but I can’t add io’s and of course the original job stick is long gone! So over this!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just get the original job file from Vertical Express. You sure there isn’t a floppy disk on site?



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There’s nothing on site. No prints, nothing. I didn’t know you can get the job file from VE. This is a TKE job. Any idea on $$$?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Or if you know someone at TK, all service mechanics have access to the job files now. Just need your job #.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by wltr00
Well there is more to the story. This car originally wouldn’t come off fire service so a colleague suggested I check the 3v battery. It was dead and needed to be replaced. After replacing it came off fire service but needed a new HW scan but it kept failing. Come to find out that it appears to have the wrong job loaded in it (not the correct job number). After going through everything I’ve got it all the way back except the car & hall call io’s are missing in IO map. Maybe it’s my version of IMS but I can’t add io’s and of course the original job stick is long gone! So over this!

Add or Change I/O

1. Click the Start button...Click RUN...If not there type in REGEDIT...OK.
2. Double click HKEY_Current_User...Double click Software...Double Click Thyssen Dover...
Double click IMS...Click on Settings.
3. On the right hand screen, do you have a icon that says AddIO?

No
Right click in a blank area on the right hand screen
Select New and DWORD Value...Type in AddIO.
Hit enter...Then go to Yes instructions below.

Yes
Select AddIO
Right click it
Select Modify...change the 0
to a 1...click OK

If you have wrong version of IMS it will change back to a 0 when you reopen IMS.
You need the office version of IMS.

if IMS was activated before changing this you might have to reactivate it with a new site key

IMS 2.7 HAS THE OPTION TO CHANGE i/o
[color:#CC0000][/color]

Last edited by NOTIME; 12/31/22 10:05 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Go to about IMS and make sure it’s Office first. You don’t want to edit your registry if it isn’t going to work. And it’s a good idea to make a backup or system image of some kind before making any registry edits.



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So brought an IMS version laptop for adding IO’s and it allows me to add an IO but won’t save it. Tried various options to no avail. Also tried to update load sw from another 4-stop car and it looks like the software loads but it still shows the wrong job. I’m thinking I’ve got a bad board or corrupt sw.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
After changing an IO or loading a new job you have to reload the job in IMS then close and re-open the IO map to see any changes. A JBD command in Remote Fast will tell you what job is loaded into it. I don’t suggest you ever load another car’s job file.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Was this problem created from changing the battery or letting it go dead



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Changing the battery



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Change Tac20 batteries with power off. But well worth while to do a transfer download first either way

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 01/04/23 06:53 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I thought you were suppose to change them with the power on ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Had one awhile back throwing a 1014 fault, started with the battery because it was dead. Changed it with the hook in and haven't heard back from the customer so no problems.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top