Elevator Forum

Tac 50 04 slow disp...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac 50 04 slow dispathing

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
37.3 K Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm not putting you down!

I'm saying you have a different style then I do!

When I started in this industry 27 years ago. The first job I was on I worked for an (what I would call) old school mechanic. A mean son of a gun! I felt like everything I would do was wrong. Finally at one point he turned to me and asked for a 9/16" box wrench. I pulled it out of his bag and handed it to him! He went to use the wrench and it was too big! He turned to me threw the wrench and it hit me in the chest. He then told me he said a 1/2" box wrench. I picked up the 9/16 put it back where it belonged in his bag. I pull the 1/2" and threw it back at him. I told him at the end of the day one of two things were going to happen! He was either going to apologize willingly or I would beat it out of him!

The next day I was called into the office. I was asked what happened so I gave my side of the story. Thinking this was my last day. The boss told me that he was a great mechanic and I could learn a lot from him. To this day we are still friends and I'm glad I gave it another chance.

My point is this I'm not thin skinned! And if I find someone else's personality to be different to mine. I don't get offended and dismiss them!



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the tips Lepricon. I'll re-state the situation starting with the triplex job. Any of the 3 cars can be in service and not answer a hall at the floor that they're at. After a bit they'll take off and go. The car that serves the penthouse level will usually respond to that floor on a hall call just fine, but in low traffic situations, it'll be in service at a different floor or at the penthouse level and if you place a penthouse level hall call, it will latch it for 30 seconds or so and then cancel it. Each car at the duplex job serves the same landings and like I said earlier, a car can be out of service and the in service car won't answer hall calls at the landing where its at. Two different buildings with the same issues. Thats why I asked if anyone has seen this and if Thyssen has a fix for this issue. For example, the Kone KCM 831 had a lot of issues with the ADON 1 boards, Kone realized this and came out with the ADON 2 board. I'll dig into this Tac 50 04 issue more this week, I was just looking for the easy way out on this one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: galaxy
Thanks for the tips Lepricon. I'll re-state the situation starting with the triplex job. Any of the 3 cars can be in service and not answer a hall at the floor that they're at. After a bit they'll take off and go. The car that serves the penthouse level will usually respond to that floor on a hall call just fine, but in low traffic situations, it'll be in service at a different floor or at the penthouse level and if you place a penthouse level hall call, it will latch it for 30 seconds or so and then cancel it. Each car at the duplex job serves the same landings and like I said earlier, a car can be out of service and the in service car won't answer hall calls at the landing where its at. Two different buildings with the same issues. Thats why I asked if anyone has seen this and if Thyssen has a fix for this issue. For example, the Kone KCM 831 had a lot of issues with the ADON 1 boards, Kone realized this and came out with the ADON 2 board. I'll dig into this Tac 50 04 issue more this week, I was just looking for the easy way out on this one.

OK, here we go. I had the same problem on a goup of 5 with a swing car.

Go through your security options, TKE offers a ton of different variations in the security department.

You may have to play around to get it all to start working again properly if it did work properly in the first place.

If the car was at the floor, the hall button would light but no doors would open. But the car would answer a hall call on a different floor and take car calls. It turned out to be a security option that was adjusted wrong.



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well ifrrated pilot, your last post is good information and its a avenue I'm going to check out when I get to the job, hopefully tomorrow. By the way I go on vacation and I'm afraid to reply to your posts? I'm going to try to be civil from here on out. Thankyou for the info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Galaxy,

appreciated the kind words, sorry...

you are my eyes man, i have to know whats going on there...

i hope the TKE security bit helps, you described the same problem I had, it was a nightmare. took me a while to get it but i got it... and it was a security adjustment...

do you have any TKE literature on the security options???

i can PDF them and PM them to you... if you'd like, if this forum will allow that...

otherwise [email protected] 24/7/365



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
understand my frustration wasn't towards you or YOU... it was MY inability to see what the real problem was...

nothing more frustrating than trying to help blindfolded... and then NOT helping... and knowing you can fix it...

thats where i am coming from...

i'm realy not a prick, just very vocal...



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the offer of TKE literature, I just got a manual today. I'll let ya know what I find. Have a good one.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top