The 50-04 has a manual toggle switch for door disconnect, so I find it highly unlikely that it was an accidental WRT, though I guess it is always possible.
What we do now also is take pictures of controllers and paperwork when we are surveying the job for new quotes.
Amazing how quickly stories change when you show pictures or security footage.
One other thing to add....if Vatorgator says it.. you can take it to the bank.
In this industry sabatoge is a very dangerous act. Those Building Owners, Passengers, any Occupant, even a co-worker, regardless of who they work for, believe that YOU made that elevator safer on your last visit.
I know most of the Elevator guys in this cowtown and some are not as cooperative as others, but never have I been the victim of the S word.
When tou take over a new job look over the call log see if something is a pesky problem.
When I lost an account I would help the next guy out, it's not his fault the company took over a job that they can't support.
Work safe out there, your family expects you home at night.
I don't know about the rest of the country or the world, but here in los angeles, sabotage is not as uncommon as you may think. been working her nearly 35 years and have seen many strange occurrences after job losses.
Job prints are the number 1 problem here in cali, been like this for many years, it has gotten so bad that when you are called to survey a job for service, you immediately have the building either copy the prints, or make sure they will be there when you take the job over. We just took over a new job, and the prints were there the day before they lost the job, and mysteriously disappeared the day we took over, the building had to call the original company and threaten them with a law suit, the mechanic that took them had to deliver them personally to the building with an apology. Im not sure why they do this, how would they like to go on an entrapment call with safety circuit open between floors, and not have any drawings to help them out. Wolf, I'm with you, why should we screw our brothers, it is hard enough to fix most elevators without this childish bull Crap. Not sure if the employees are being told to do this, or are just being an ass all by themselves. either way, this is something that needs to stop. A generic print, is just that, generic. usually they will work, but occasionally you may be jumping out something that you are not expecting, due to a slight difference in the generic vs job print. This can be very dangerous, just remember that when you take a job print. thats my 2 cents
Worked with guys who I'm sure did it.
Had a supervisor try to get me to do it.
Seen envelopes change hands.
And much more!
Leaving them to work for another company.
Priceless...