Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20 entrapments

19 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.6 K Views
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33894]
Hi guys and girls. I am getting Tac 20 entrapments .. it seems to happing leaving the top terminal landing. About half of the car door was showing .. I get 1009 init SD Down. I replaced selector boards and problem didn’t happen for a while. But now it happened again lol. No gaps in magnets on back of tape. Any ideas. ? Sometimes there is a 1057(encoder) and once a 1004 (locks).

Last edited by Tech9; 09/19/22 03:42 PM.


   
Quote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what type of pistons? It could be a packing issue if its a 2t or 3T jack. Did you check the valave strainers? What about the shoes? Maybe to much play at the top floor clipping an interlock



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s a in ground jack . I did not check strainers. It’s a I2 valve. I’m replacing selector shoes and car guide inserts Waiting for them .. do you think the 1009 (init SD Down) Is shutting the car down . Or is it the selector codes.

Last edited by Tech9; 09/20/22 07:46 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just to clarify it’s always 1009 last fault. Then usually a selector code directly behind it. 1057 this time



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would focus on the 1009 fault. When the car is running down MCD should be low because valve coil relays are picked and MCE should be low because the starter isn’t running the motor. Either of these not being true will cause this fault. I doubt MCD is going high unless the input on the 188E is failing so I’d look to MCE. The up to speed contact on the starter would be most likely, replace the starter logic board. Also check the suppressor on the MUTS relay. It should not be the plug in type. It should be like a 1-1/2” long x 1/2” dia round thing in black heat shrink. Sometimes if it has the wrong one you’ll hear the relay chattering when the car is just sitting there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am looking for this suppressor right now. Vertical express says they do not stock it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok. I’m going to replace the starter. I don’t see a suppressor on the MUTS relay. I would like to get it also.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You just have to replace the starter logic board. The suppressor wires into the coil terminals and is usually zip tied up with the wire bundle. The TK part number for the suppressor is 381AF1. Not sure what to say if you can’t get them though. Maybe if I have one I can cut it open and see what components are inside.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Same here. Vertical express says doesn’t stock it anymore.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have a yellow looks like capacitor C45 right next to MUTS relay. My MC1 is humming at rest though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I definitely have no suppressor wired into my MUTS coil terminals. Is this standard on most Tac 20s ? I’m going to check out some other ones to see if I can get some more info on it. I can’t believe vertical express doesn’t stock it. How are we suppose to fix these lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The logic board from vertical express with delivery is almost same $ as new starter from Access in California.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I looked at 2 other Tac 20s. On these the MUTS relay was mounted above the main cpu board on a terminal strip with coil wires marked underneath and with a Separate fork connectors where I see the suppressor plugged into . On the Tac 20 with this problem the MUTS relay is on the main cpu board. Im not sure where the coil gets energized. I do not have print specific for this controller layout. I do see MUTS on con 23….it’s a 5 pin connector. MUTS is labeled for #5 slot. It has 2 control wires on that terminal. I didn’t trace them yet .. I’m still working on getting the suppressor.. may have one soon and I will share my info on it

Last edited by Jluff; 09/22/22 04:36 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The car with the MUTS relay on the board is not a TAC20, it’s a TAC20-03. The suppressor issue applies to the TAC20 and TAC22 only. The plug in suppressors were all supposed to have been replaced with the wires in ones mentioned earlier. I’ll cut one open and see what’s inside it this weekend.
And you should be able to get a Siemens Logic board from anywhere that sells Siemens starters.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok great. The one I’m working on has the MUTS relay on the cpu board. So I don’t have to bother with the suppressor



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top