Elevator Forum

Tac-20 emergency li...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac-20 emergency light issue

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,105 Views
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36477]
Want to know if anyone has seen this issue and what solutions are available.

I was testing the emergency light and found it not working, but when I turned the main line power on it works. Had both 110 and the main line off. Thought it might be floor, so I tested the one next to it and had the same result. I recently tested a third Tac-20 with the same results. A friend of mine tested one and did not see the same thing, but he said he lost all power when turning it back on. (Likely unrelated) Any feedback would be appreciated. Normally I do not turn the main power off while testing emergency lights. So this is new to me.



   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check battery?



   
ReplyQuote
(@stanklerbin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
possibly page 15 of prints
lighting, alarm, e-lite circuits
take a meter, find the problem



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Forgot to say I had changed the battery, tried it on the second unit as well. Made no difference. Did not change the battery on the third unit at another location. Will be looking through prints in the new year.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe there's an in-line fuse in the COP wiring feeding the emergency light circuit board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It’s really common for guys to put the leads on backwards when replacing the battery. The negative is a smaller wire so has a red Faston, the positive is a fat in-line fuse holder wire so it’s Faston is blue. Red is not positive, the fuse is positive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think your missing the point where it works properly if you only turn the 110 AC to the lights off.

The problem I am working on, occurs when the main line power is off also. So, if the entire building loses power, you don't have emergency lights or alarm bell.



   
ReplyQuote
(@stanklerbin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
page 15 of prints
lighting, alarm, e-lite circuits
take a meter, find the problem



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's on page 14 of the correct prints for this elevator. Everything is connected to the CWIG board, but I am having trouble locating all the connections. I am currently suspecting the CWIG board. Will look again now that I have a correct print.



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Found it. The were almost no help at all. There is a 1A Pico fuse about an inch away from the con-604, it reads about 12vdc to ground from both sides, unless you turn off the main line disconnect. Then the load side goes dead, if it's blown. Thanks for all the help.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the update!



   
ReplyQuote
(@phyloah)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The were almost no help at all.

Should say "the prints were"



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top