Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,022 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32713]
Hello. I’m getting a 1030 then a 1009 (Init SD down)
Very intermittent. However I think I witnessed it once. It’s a 4 stop and it seems to happen at the top floor. The door opens. Then closes a few inches and the indicator goes blank and doors lose power. Then all of a sudden it comes back to life and doors close and it goes down.

1009 - valve contact error. (MCD open ) down run failure, valves or MC not ready. MCD inactive or MCE active during down run
. Defective MCD input
. Defective MCE input
. Defective relays

1030- Leveling sequence error - Leveling inputs activated in an invalid sequence.

Any ideas Would be appreciated.
Do I need lon cable to change input ports? Don’t have one
I have old IMS



   
Quote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you tried replacing all the valve control and mcc relays?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be sure the retainer clips are on all the relays. It's also worth noting the finder and schrack relays seem to have different thickness pins, can't remember which ones are thicker, but one relays will fit looser than the other. I went on an OT callback that the car was shutdown because one of the relays literally halfway fell out of its base, the mechanic had just swapped all the relays out and threw the retainer clips away.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did replace mcc relays. Then I ran out. Ordering more That’s interesting about the different relays. I don’t even know which ones I have .. I think there are clear schracks on bottom row then blue ones above.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The finder ones were trouble back in the day



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by lowoil
The finder ones were trouble back in the day

If i remember correctly the orignal Finder relays only had contacts that were rated for 6Amps. Now they are rated for 8 amps. This increased the life of the relay and made them more reliable



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This happened again .. took a few weeks. This time it was 1040 first then 1009. Lots of relays were changed few weeks ago. Seems to be people get trapped. But it’s always running wheh I arrive. Any ideas what to focus on ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
If I have a bad MCE OR MCD input. How do I change them ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m not sure how the 1009 could be related to the 1040. But for the 1009, it could be the starter logic board picking MUTS when it shouldn’t or there is supposed to be a certain suppressor on the MUTS relay. Should be the cylindrical thing in black heat shrink with black wires coming out. Not one of the plug in ones. The starters can bleed through quite a bit through up to speed and that relay will chatter and even fail to drop after a run.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Txs dirt. Do you have a part number for the suppressor.
Also noticed my main line comtactor is humming very loud

Last edited by Jluff; 03/31/22 08:29 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Would a bigger starter help ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Only if the one that’s in there is too small.
The suppressor Print number is 381AF1. Should cross to a part number.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
How does the suppressor wire in to a plug in relay ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@blotta1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If 1030 was your first fault at the top of the hoistway check the magnets at the back of the tape , make sure that they are in the proper sequence



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Jluff
How does the suppressor wire in to a plug in relay ?

You wire it across the coil



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top