Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/03/2012 11:38 am
I ve been talking with the mechanic about a swift futura getting a intermittent 93, then 94 error. I believe the 93 error is the one causing the problem, as he says he will see all of the led lights go out briefly on a few of the SMI boards. He has already replaced quite a few items, I will be going out there Monday morning. The strange thing is that if he sets the brake drop time to 0, then the fault will happen each time the car stops. if he sets the brake drop time to maximum, it will fault only a few times in a 24 hour period. He has replaced all the components in the brake drop circuit, the brake control module, the brake board, the spu link, and a couple of the SMI board control boards. Also replaced the 24 volt power supply. This is a 700 fpm job, and it never faults during hi speed, he says it faults 99 percent of the time as the brake drops, and 1 percent as the brake picks. any one have any insight into this. sounds like a good one....
03/03/2012 12:28 pm
Brake Pick Switch time issue on the pick/drop? I thought they had a brake decay voltage/time for the brake drop. Maybe a race between MC and Brake Switch?
04/03/2012 2:02 pm
Has he check the m contactor I had one the m contactor wasn't falling all the way out after someone removed the cover there is a some piece on the cover that had came loose like insulation or something like that and was wedging very intermittenly but similar situation
04/03/2012 4:46 pm
Scott I have seen this problem with certain arrival fixtures. The jamb arrows sometimes give the TOC box V+ power supply enough of a dip to cause a reset at the floor. I had to add a couple interface relays and then supply the fixture from a different power source. Try watching the car top V+ supply with a scope as the car levels into the floor. The same could be true with the V+ 24 volt supply in the controller.
05/03/2012 1:32 am
Futura Wizard Monitor Function..
Set to trigger on a fault. Will take a snapshot of 45 seconds of I/O at 10 FPS. You can then slow down the playback to view every I/O up to the moment of the fault.
Set to trigger on a fault. Will take a snapshot of 45 seconds of I/O at 10 FPS. You can then slow down the playback to view every I/O up to the moment of the fault.
IMHO...The greatest troubleshooting tool EVER...
TK has something similar on IMS, but not triggerable.
Topic starter
05/03/2012 12:28 pm
The mechanic has been recording info with the wizard monitor. this is where he sees all of the I/O on a few of the SMI boards go off. will check it out in the morning.
Topic starter
05/03/2012 12:45 pm
hey smitty, that was one of the first thing i had him check, the 24 volt power supply in the controller. he says all is fine, i will check the toc 24 tomorrow thanks for the help guys. will keep you posted sounds like fun.
06/03/2012 5:52 am
Topic starter
07/03/2012 1:55 pm
Got it, I had checked out the swift website earlier, but just glanced over the link that mr. sheave posted above. since it said brake failure, i just figured that was not my problem, as there was no indication of a brake or brake board failure. however, after reading the above link, i got to wondering about the DC/DC converter on the SMI board. If it goes out, then the board will go out also. no power for the board to communicate. I sat down with the controller this morning and pressed on the dc converter on the VFC SMI board, and bingo, the board went blank and the car stopped. the board stayed out until i tapped on the converter again, then it came back on. now i ran it to a floor, waited until lu dropped, and tapped on the converter again, and bingo, the same errors occurred. Took the board out and found that this board had been repaired at an earlier time, it had small gauge wire soldered to the converter pins and to the clad. it was a horrible repair job with nasty soldering . I kept wondering why the car never faulted at hi speed, only when the car came to a stop, now i know why, when the car stopped, the Big ABB DC contractor would rattle the controller, and sometimes this vibration, would shout down the converter. Oh by the way, now i am on to the second car in the low rise that has been giving the mechanic fits for a month now, intermittent 94 errors, just as this one, but this one is dropping the fault output on the vfc board. when it occurs. also just after the car sets the brake. I tapped the hell out that converter, but no luck. guess i can't get that lucky :} Oh yeah, almost forgot 3 stars for broke sheave
Last edited by Scott Davidson; 03/07/12 05:57 AM.