Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
11/04/2025 3:17 am
This car runs normally, answers car calls, answers hall calls, but ignores the edge detector. The DET PMI module turns on when the edge is blocked and I can see DET go high from the Wizard. The controller just doesn’t care. Anyone ever seen this or have any ideas?
11/04/2025 8:12 am
So here’s a few ideas that come to mind;
*I cannot remember, but is there a “NUDge” module in the TOC box or Controller?
*FE ignores DET and uses NUDge so maybe something there in the FE/FI circuit/Module.
*DOB works as it should?
*CS5 BIT 0 (ignore reopen related)
*CS6 BIT 4 (EE vs SE).
*I cannot remember, but is there a “NUDge” module in the TOC box or Controller?
*FE ignores DET and uses NUDge so maybe something there in the FE/FI circuit/Module.
*DOB works as it should?
*CS5 BIT 0 (ignore reopen related)
*CS6 BIT 4 (EE vs SE).
Topic starter
12/04/2025 3:49 am
Door open button works. I’m getting a normal close command (DC) NR doesn’t go high. The car is on normal and I’ve compared all the IOs to the other car. I do need to go compare all the parameters and control status words. I was looking at CS5 bit 0 in the manual, seems like it’s saying it will ignore DET after the doors start closing but this will start closing with the edge blocked too. I’ll be going back up next week with another hand but I don’t get it.
Topic starter
22/04/2025 4:46 am
After comparing all the parameters to a running car in the building the only differences that could conceivably have to do with this is CS6 bits 4 & 5. The working car had bit 4 off and bit 5 on. This car the opposite. I was hopeful but when we finally tried changing them there was no change. Also tried changing GP1 and GP2 to match the other car since I don’t know what they do but that didn’t do it either.
The close button and open button work normally and the nudge output isn’t coming on. I don’t know man.
The close button and open button work normally and the nudge output isn’t coming on. I don’t know man.
23/04/2025 6:16 am
Dirt,
Your original description reminds me of years back when Janus Edges were then common but failing at an unusually high rate. We had this readable gadget for each TX LED. If signal strength didn’t reach a specific threshold, replace the set. But the detect LED did extinguish like the edge saw the input, but doors would close anyway.
However, that was 20 years ago.
I can assume this unit used to function as it should, but now there’s this problem.
Might it be something as goofy as the Front Panel Door Disconnect Switch?
You see DET go high, but that’s from the TOCC? Is there an DET module in the controller? Or wires landed on DET terminal strip on the backside of the controller?
Most likely you’ve covered most bases by now, but I’m just thinking out loud here.
Your original description reminds me of years back when Janus Edges were then common but failing at an unusually high rate. We had this readable gadget for each TX LED. If signal strength didn’t reach a specific threshold, replace the set. But the detect LED did extinguish like the edge saw the input, but doors would close anyway.
However, that was 20 years ago.
I can assume this unit used to function as it should, but now there’s this problem.
Might it be something as goofy as the Front Panel Door Disconnect Switch?
You see DET go high, but that’s from the TOCC? Is there an DET module in the controller? Or wires landed on DET terminal strip on the backside of the controller?
Most likely you’ve covered most bases by now, but I’m just thinking out loud here.
23/04/2025 7:05 am
Or….
Maybe cycle the car through Fire Phase 1&2 and see if the issue clears. Bad Ph1 or 2 switch?
Sounds like old school “Fireman’s Bypass Button” for Electric Eye on recall or Phase 2.
Maybe cycle the car through Fire Phase 1&2 and see if the issue clears. Bad Ph1 or 2 switch?
Sounds like old school “Fireman’s Bypass Button” for Electric Eye on recall or Phase 2.
I’ll be curious to know the fix!