Elevator Forum

Swift Futura faults...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Swift Futura faults 71,58

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.1 K Views
(@Dozer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32264]
I have a unit faulting out w 71,58. If I flip it back into Insp then auto it’ll run for hours, only for me to find it down again the next day.

I’m looking into it now but any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
71 VFC device error has occurred. Check CMC command for proper COMM status. 58 An auto fault reset has occurred. A fault condition caused by drive system has been re$est by SPU. If fault occurs three times within an hour, the controller will not reset automatically and must be reset manually. Check drive for faults. Could be that you are getting a comm fault 58 and after three faults within an hour, the unit stops resetting to cause the 71 fault.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Trap for the error that comes first. Play it back to see what happens. Check the 5VDC on the spu link as a start as well



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dozer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
24, 94, 26, 43, 58, 71



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dozer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I’m leaning tac. In the up direction it just stopped hard w a 10, 64, 43…



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
10 points to the tach error. Checked for broken/loose coupling?
64 points to rope gripper- this install has one?
43 gate and lock opened in a speed faster than leveling.

Have you checked door locks? GAL (if you’ve got them) center opening is notoriously famous for the relating cable to get slung up behind the interlock box allowing the lock to make, but the doors are gapped or not fully closed allowing the car door clutch to clip the pick up roller….bang…43 fault and the 58, 91 recovery faults.
I’d look there first before swapping out the tach. Well, unless you’ve got one on hand but still I’d check interlocks if you’re getting the 43.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And make sure tension isn’t too tight on spirator causing doors to bounce off interlock contacts



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dozer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Going over doors now, thanks. I’ll keep posted.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dozer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Went over doors and they are ok. Changed guides, problem is still occurring 1 out of every 8 runs. It’s a hard stop then relevel into the floor.

Faults 94, 24, 26, 43, 58, 71…

The hpv 900 drive has a few “curr reg flt” saved. I’m leaning tac at this point, probably going to see if I can swap that to eliminate it



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hope you get this resolved soon.
On the drive….once a fault or warning flags, doesn’t it remain on the operators screen until you access it? You mentioned they’re saved faults, but do they have time stamp? Just curious.
Does this unit fault at any point either direction, or is there a pattern like say always around mid hatch going up?
Have you routined all connections at the drive itself?
If 43 continues to show up, check wiring on the controller for DLK and the module for Door Locks. (GL1 I think it’s called). I know you went through the locks, but might the car sill be nicking pick up rollers?
Are the transducers for DPP1 & 2 in good condition? They travel pretty close to the tape even when guides are new, and can get damaged easily if contact with the tape occurs. Viewing these inputs DPP from the cartop on inspection can sometimes reveal a blip.
And finally, the 5v is good on the SPU Link?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dozer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just to update, issue was TAC. Replaced and car has been running…



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top