Elevator Forum

SOFTWARE CADI SCHIN...
 
Notifications
Clear all

SOFTWARE CADI SCHINDLER

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
74.3 K Views
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
3.10



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Guys before you spend money for a new version of cadi, ask if it will work on a controller without a Sim Card. Schindler changed the controller software so even their cadi does not work without Sim. One of the majors has developed a Sim Card Simulator where you plug their tool in, run a specific program and the controller thinks it has a Sim Card until power is cycled. This will allow you to use UIT or Cadi without a Sim Card until power is cycled. Then you run the Sim Card program again and you can use tools again until power cycled.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
when you say "ask if it will work on a controller without a Sim Card"...what specific controller are you referring to? I only ask because I have never had an issue or heard of this until now, Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would also add that before you buy cadi to ask for trial/test version to confirm no issues



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tamperprufe: As I said, the new software Schindler installs will not allow ANY cadi to work without a Sim Card.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know through parameter setup there's alot of variables depending on whose adjusting it, I have used it on release ver 2.0 with no sim card worked fine but haven't tried it on 4.0 with card missing that's why I was curious. Good info



   
ReplyQuote
(@1Up2Down)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know the comm port configuration in the laptop for comm port 1. It is currently set up for IMS. Baud rate 9600 data bits 8 parity none stop bits 1 flow control none. The port works with IMS. It is not with CADI. I may need to change the settings for the comm port. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check your PM



   
ReplyQuote
(@Shaft)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My company recently acquired CADI 3.1... which works pretty good, one thing I want to be able to do is download the software off the controller (for safe keeping) I’m able to download the PCT and SCT tables... and there is a tab under utilities for “Sw Download”... but reading through the help section of the CADI I was rather confused, as it mentions doing it offline.... and as a guy who worked for Schindler for 20 years, I feel like an idiot (elevators have a way of doing that don’t they?)

So anybody out there know how to pull the actual software of a TXR5, and not just the tables?



   
ReplyQuote
(@sampler)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
can you help me about key for cadi 3.10. thank you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Shaft
My company recently acquired CADI 3.1... which works pretty good, one thing I want to be able to do is download the software off the controller (for safe keeping) I’m able to download the PCT and SCT tables... and there is a tab under utilities for “Sw Download”... but reading through the help section of the CADI I was rather confused, as it mentions doing it offline.... and as a guy who worked for Schindler for 20 years, I feel like an idiot (elevators have a way of doing that don’t they?)

So anybody out there know how to pull the actual software of a TXR5, and not just the tables?

Guess I'm not following you...your able to download the PCT's and SCT's but you are still wanting to download more?
Do you know what SCT stands for?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te1979)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Was there ever a manual for Cadi?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Elev^te1979
Was there ever a manual for Cadi?

Once you familiarize yourself with cadi you will see that the "manual" and help files for cadi are within the app/software itself however don't expect to find the "Dummies" version.
This tool is intended for trained adjusters(hence the reason even the route guys don't have it).



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone happen to know if modutool works on Schindler’s with new software and no SIM card? Wouldn’t be opposed to paying for a cadi if I find one, but sounds like if a unit had no SIM card it’d be a waste



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Tech4
Does anyone happen to know if modutool works on Schindler’s with new software and no SIM card? Wouldn’t be opposed to paying for a cadi if I find one, but sounds like if a unit had no SIM card it’d be a waste

I work on cadi all the time without sim cards. Even without the sim card there are things you have to definitely have cadi to accomplish such as a "Zero Position Test". If the sim card is missing you will never be able to do this without cadi. Common sense should tell you which is the better choice, some knock of European modu tool or the real deal OEM schindler tool(and it's half the price)



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top