Elevator Forum

Single phase tracti...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Single phase traction machine

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,698 Views
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33284]
Has anyone ever ran across a single phase MRL traction machine for a 1500# car? Torin and Hollister only make 3 phase.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I kind of doubt that exists. And you’d have just as much trouble finding an elevator drive to run a single phase motor. But if single phase power is the issue you should be able to find a drive that will run a 3 phase motor with single phase power. The incoming power is just charging a DC bus, the drive creates the 3 phase for the motor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm not sure what advantage you'd get. If the building has single phase power a vvvf drive will output three phase power anyhow, enabling you to use a 3 phase motor. Are you trying to use contactors (single or two speed motor)? I haven't seen anyone use a single phase motor for any traction or winding drums in anything recent. It's much simpler to use a three phase motor with a vvvf drive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Up&Downer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just got a 1965 Dover/Turnbull geared unit running on 208 single phase. But has a MR.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top