Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kcm-Gal

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,284 Views
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33291]
Kcm with Gal movfr.We have replaced REC,ADON,An multiple Gal operator Drives.Unit has front an rear doors an both operator fault out with over voltage faults on operator an doors wont open have monitored operator voltage an steady at 230 also have monitors on incoming an transformer all good.Have rode car with Gal hand held on view an can perdict when going to fail i see volts change from say 35 to 230 an fault shows at both operators.My voltage never goes high at operator or out of Rec board to cause this I AM scratching my head an banging it off the wall.PLEASE HELP ALSO THE CAR TOP BOARD AN TRAVEL CABLE HAVE BEEN REPLACED BUT THIS ISSUE HAD BEEN HERE BEFORE THOSE REPAIRS.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are the shield wires grounded properly? One end only. I would look at that closely.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The fault is on the gal drive? What voltage is the operator 230 or 110? You said you monitor voltage 35 to 230? This is the output voltage or incoming voltage to drive? Have you monitored the bus voltage?

Last edited by Turbo6; 06/23/22 03:11 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yes on bus voltage, yes on gal drive fault, car just takes self out of service when accures.Op voltage 230 the 35 i mentioned is viewing hand held view screen where it shows the Hz,v,amp,cant remember 4th item.the 35 is like hold or squeze while running



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like your monitoring the drive output voltage. I had a simular issue and I found 1 leg of the controller 3 phase was imbalanced. I then traced to see if 1 of those legs was one of those supplying the operator and it was. I switched it up to the balanced legs and problem went away.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
latest findings incoming to transformer 208 secondary 410 HERE is the kicker when run command or load put on transformer kicks voltage up to 470/485/495 why? voltage goes up under load 1-2 410 no load 2-3 411 no load 1-3 410 no load with running on insp 470/485/490 Bad trans I did do same readings on primary an steady 208/212/208 Anyone else ever see something like this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your voltage ratio should not change. If the primary voltage is staying constant and your secondary is changing to me that means the turns ratio is changing somehow. Which I would think could mean a winding is shorting out when the current goes up. I would think that's a bad transformer either way.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top