Elevator Forum

Schindler 330a inve...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Schindler 330a inverted jack repack

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
19.3 K Views
(@ssharp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3122]
Can anyone walk me through the steps to repack these inverted jacks? It is a double jack. I've read some about these jacks but still need some pointers. I have 10 yrs in the trade but haven't got the chance to repack one of these yet. Thanks for any help at all.



   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What part of the country do you work in, if I may?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ssharp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm from Oklahoma.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dont even start till you get the kit from ADAMS and an air compressor. Or that has been our experience.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Search this site, it's come up before.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ssharp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I've talk to the manufacturer, talked to some fellow mechanics, read some stuff online, including the other thread on this site, and found out I need: big racheting snapring pliers, an air comperssor with nozzel, lots of rags and floor dry, a stand to hold up piston, and some know-how and its just like any other jack. lol. thanks for everybodies help. I start on this project at 6 am. I let you know how it goes.



   
ReplyQuote
(@fateinc2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They use diiferent hydro oil as well take your time its not a quick process like a good oil fashioned repack



   
ReplyQuote
(@ssharp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well the repack is done. They were pretty simple once I got into them. Its definately a two person job. It is very messy even when you blow the oil back into the tank. I guess we lost about 5 gal. of oil per jack. They were only single stage jacks so it went well. Take off the snapring and once the set screws on the head were out, just tap the head with a deadblow hammer and slide it down and hold it with a bungee while you take the snapring off the bottom and hoist plunger with a small rachet strap. Slide the head off and take to the tailgate and repack then assemble in reverse. No Problem.



   
ReplyQuote
 ZGLG
(@ZGLG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Has anyone replaced the jacks with non-inverted retrofit?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top