Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
17/12/2010 11:15 am
I have a small problem. We are working on a job that is an old installation that was decomissioned for removal. Well, because of the economic state of property in California the new owners want to reestablish the unit! Here lies the problem! We have no 3 ph. power! I remember years ago when my father worked for a small ind. company he used a drill motor to move the unit! Anyone one ever heard of this? We should have power soon this is more of an "interesting experiment"..I know I've seen it done. We have spun the pump with an impact drill and turned "bps" all the way in...even pulled the valve out of the stems...System seems to get pressure just no movement! Any ideas!
17/12/2010 11:23 am
They have temp pumps that they use in construction is the car stuck in the pit or on pipe stands?Is there oil in the system ?
If its in the pit you should probably treat it like a blown jack and hoist the car up to get access to the pit and do a pressure test on the cylinder. And the feed line
If its in the pit you should probably treat it like a blown jack and hoist the car up to get access to the pit and do a pressure test on the cylinder. And the feed line
Last edited by fateinc2005; 12/17/10 03:24 AM.
Topic starter
17/12/2010 12:07 pm
Your are correct...Normally if we had a temp pump I would use it! We do have oil in the tank. The previous company ripped out the wiring in the hatch and removed the car station and manually lower car in pit. I believe code states to land the car on stands and remove power to controller then open up oil line! As far as I can tell unit was running last year or so and would have just needed it's 5 year load test now. I was looking to see if anyone had heard of moving elevator in this way! Thanks for the reply though!
19/12/2010 9:41 am
you need to create enough system pressure to lift the load. on a average 2500 lb car on a 4 3/8" piston, you need approx 166 psi just to support the load. then you need to increase it a small amount to raise the car. gallons per minute equals feet per minute. for your speed. 4 3/8" ram @ 5 fpm needs a gpm of almost 4 gpm. hope this helps.
Topic starter
21/12/2010 11:38 am
I've got an update.....We installed a gear puller on the motor sheave and arranged it to spin the sheave. We cranked in the bypass and spun the sheave with a 1/2 inch drill motor. The drill motor spun down when pressure was applied, but after a few tries packing freed up and we were off too the races. It actually worked pretty slick. We ran the unit up on the stop ring....