Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
19/11/2024 4:45 am
I have to replace a 188E board on a 2002 vintage Tac-20 but the job floppy is missing. The customer went to the local TKE branch and they want a small fortune for the software and get the service contract back. The customer is very adamant they do not want to go back to TKE. Has anyone had luck with copying software from a similar job and using it? I know there are potential pitfalls with I/O assignments and configuring the LON nodes correctly. Just curious if it has been successfully done before? If so could you share any tips and tricks that might help?
20/11/2024 7:36 pm
Never done it on a LON network, but have done it on one without. Same amount of stops and openings was located and uploaded to the one with the software issue. I would imagine its the same.
TKE will supply software to the job and upload it theirselves, and not do the maintenance. We have had to do that before also.
21/11/2024 1:16 am
The local TK troubleshooter might be nice enough to provide the job file to prevent some other car’s job file and LON config from being put in. Actually all the service mechanics now have access to the job files.
06/12/2024 12:15 pm
If you’re still working on this, try these guys:
They can get generic and job specific software.