Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
28/06/2017 2:31 pm
Wanted to know what type of keys U.S. Elevators with the older circular buttons (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRT8sa0z_bk )
Also how do you insert photos from your computer? (new here)
28/06/2017 9:06 pm
Us1 thru 5
29/06/2017 3:01 am
Usually old US with those buttons use Yale keys, look like keys to your house. But that car had a USE key in the jamb for access, probably USE-2. If it was an old key it would be 12357. Same type keys Reliable used. They also changed to the USE type keys.
29/06/2017 4:13 am
Try elevatorkey.com The only key switch shown in the video was access and that was the Illinois style witch were the US 1 thru 5
Last edited by danzeitz; 06/28/17 08:16 PM.
Topic starter
29/06/2017 4:31 am
Originally Posted By: danzeitz
Try elevatorkey.com The only key switch shown in the video was access and that was the Illinois style witch were the US 1 thru 5
Here's a link to them if you're wondering what they look like: the original host/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=21003&#Post21003
29/06/2017 11:56 am
When talking about "old U.S. Keys", I'm thinking 57, 35, 13 etc.
Guess I'm really old.
Guess I'm really old.
Last edited by elmcannic; 06/29/17 03:56 AM.
02/07/2017 3:05 am
Started at US in 1979 and those were the keys we were using then.
02/07/2017 10:55 am
Me; 1981, Pico Rivera, CA.
04/07/2017 12:04 am
St. Louis Mo 20 years with US. Got to be careful admitting that a lot of haters out there!!!! hahaha
04/07/2017 3:00 am
No hate on US guys from these quarters. The top troubleshooter in Local 8 by far was a US guy, works for TKE now.
Some of the US designs are humorously questionable, though. Such as the light bulb leveling unit or the counterweight filled with concrete! Ha, Ha!
05/07/2017 5:57 am
Don't know if there's any haters out there, but you know who they're gonna call on their 1000, 2000, 1230 or 1220 trouble!
And questionable design? That stupid three inch solid roller guide from the early 80's is one of the worst.
We could actually start a U.S. fail thread on some of their hokey designs....
Such as the COP stop switch design. Often I added a tie wrap to keep the pull switch from pulling too far!
Our U.S. Trouble shooter retired about 6 years ago leaving a few guys in the field to try and handle MP issues, and we're disappearing rapidly!
I honestly enjoyed my time with U.S., no kidding.
And questionable design? That stupid three inch solid roller guide from the early 80's is one of the worst.
We could actually start a U.S. fail thread on some of their hokey designs....
Such as the COP stop switch design. Often I added a tie wrap to keep the pull switch from pulling too far!
Our U.S. Trouble shooter retired about 6 years ago leaving a few guys in the field to try and handle MP issues, and we're disappearing rapidly!
I honestly enjoyed my time with U.S., no kidding.
05/07/2017 7:41 am
Originally Posted By: elmcannic
Me; 1981, Pico Rivera, CA.
Pico Rivera, 1986,
I thought I was the last man standing.
06/07/2017 7:27 pm
HAHA warms my heart to hear I'm not alone. Yes US did some poor designs on roller guides, limit switches and the light bulb leveling!!! And I guess it cost too much to put hinges on controllers and car stations. BUT they did a lot of things right too! The 1220 and 1230s were years ahead of some manufacturers and to know them was to love them. (AS long as you had a good supply of spare boards).......
Topic starter
13/07/2017 1:59 pm
Originally Posted By: Vanool35
Originally Posted By: danzeitz
Try elevatorkey.com The only key switch shown in the video was access and that was the Illinois style witch were the US 1 thru 5
Here's a link to them if you're wondering what they look like: the original host/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=21003&#Post21003
Do you have any idea which specific one? I'm thinking they are access switches...