Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Wiring Tool

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,313 Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#23178]
I’m looking for the tool to punch down the wires on the blue insulation displacement type plugs that Otis uses on their buttons. Does anyone have one? A part #?

Thanks



   
Quote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just sent you info on tool part #



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Tamperprufe
Just sent you info on tool part #

Would you mind sending that info to me as well?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think I have one laying around in garage...when the weather lets up I'll venture out and see if I can find part number



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I believe it is Otis Tool 10 part # MT-115048. Before I got the Otis info, from extensive Googling, I came to the conclusion they are Amp HE-14, 180 degree IDC connectors. The Tool is a 734042-1 head ($600) that goes on a pistol grip handle 169756-1. I can only imagine what Otis will charge for it. Miraculously, I searched the part # on eBay and found only 1 result. The head and handle for $50!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top