Elevator Forum

OTIS ULTRA DRIVE VE...
 
Notifications
Clear all

OTIS ULTRA DRIVE VEL TRACKING FAULT

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,721 Views
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34528]
Hello everyone,

I replaced this drive to a brand new one recently and after entering all necessary parameters, the elevator did not move, instead it will jerk a little and then displays Vel Tracking fault on the service tool. I have tried all I can. Has anyone come across this in the past? I need help please!



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don’t know this drive in particular but sounds like a reversed encoder. Can you swap A with A not?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I assume that the drive runs software xxx31400xxx?
Did you use the eeprom from the old drive or did you enter all the parameters in the new drive with the new eeprom?

/Alex



   
ReplyQuote
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys,

It was the software issue, i had to replace the software with the correct one like this xxx31400xxx and it started working fine. I used the OMU to do it.

The only thing issue after is that the motor vibrates (huge noise that one will hear and feel in the car), when stopping, especially at the top and bottom floors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You did set the correct motor type in the parameters? And the encoder in the end of the motor is tight with the motor shaft? (There is an allen bolt that goes through the encoder and connects to the motor shaft).

/Alex

Last edited by Alex75; 01/27/23 02:42 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@olugbemileke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dear Alex75,

All were checked and intact but vibration persists.

Thanks for your responses.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Neville)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Please ensure the encoder wires are routed separately from brake wires and motor wires or any other wires.

How many meters rise is the lift and does it require compensation ropes/chains ?

Is the counterweight overbalance set correctly?

Are the load signals coming in at the correct loads?

These could be some of the reasons for vibration and noise



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top