Elevator Forum

Otis LRV3 duplex no...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis LRV3 duplex not comunicating

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,384 Views
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11500]
Hall buttons wont latch on when pushed. Changed hall button interface, no help.
Left car will work ok on the common riser, if the right car is shut down. Right car will run fine on auto, but this fks up the registration of hall calls.
Changed processor on the r/h car, worked for 2 months. Now the problem is back. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@Q10559)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know you said you changed the hall button interface...Was that on both cars?

I had a similar problem a while back on an LRS3 duplex. I changed the interface board on the car I shut down which allowed calls to latch again.

I have also heard of this dispatching issue if the wrong car is turned on first on LRV3's. Did you try powering down both cars, turning the right car on then the left?



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had this problem before.same situation..went through all the motions with sending one car up to the top floor shutting one down,followed by resetting the first car waiting several minutes to turn the next car on..changed out both hall button interface boards..logic power supply in suspected car..but nothing corrected the problem until we replaced the 1k pull down resister in the lead car to a 750ohm.this prevented the 24vt logic for the cpu to operate properly.under extreme conditions, car calls,etc.kept the processor from clipping..



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Wow, guys, thanks. Did not try sequencing the power. Thanks, I'll try it. And the pull up resistor sounds like a great idea too. Thnaks.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yep, turned one on first, then the other, now they talk just fine.
Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow, what a strange solution to the problem...good to know.



   
ReplyQuote
 tony
(@tony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
save that one ..it also works on my mph 1 and mph2...proper sequence starting....if not I get fire service or other odd things



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top