Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Shepard Elevator

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,023 Views
(@WPeak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11524]
I am having an issue where this elevator appears to have a starting and running contactor (C1 and C2) C1 will pick, which appears to be starting. C2 will never pick. If I hotstick C2 , the motor will run at normal speed and make no noise. Otherwise motor almost sounds like it is single phasing. I have no prints so I am pulling wires to try to figure this ckt out. Does anyone know it that well or have a print? It is a Type AC391E No. 925 220V single Phase.



   
Quote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not familiar with Shepards, but commonly find the aux. contacts not making on first contactor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
not familiar with Shepard either, but some companies picked both contactors at the same time so if one were to weld in the other would drop out, and indeed it is single phasing. Have you put a meter on the coil wires of the contactor that isn"t pulling in?



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd start with a meter on C2 then try pulling them back, maybe a timer not working properly.

Last edited by E-man; 08/02/14 02:00 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top