Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis LRV 4 problem

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18.6 K Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4011]
I have an Otis LRV 4 simplex 3 stop. The elevator runs normally on independent mode. When switched to automatic, all the hall calls light up and the car will time-out (nudge) and proceed to the next floors hall call. It's almost like the car is in some kind of wild operation.
The hall call circuitry seems normal and when a hall call is actually pushed it registers the input on the CPU board. However, the CPU is showing all hall call outputs active even though there are no buttons pushed. Anyone seen this before?



   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wonder if the Hall Call Interface in the gutter is communicating properly with the processor?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i believe this controller does not have a hall call interface board. this is an lrv4 where the hall calls come directly to the cpu board in the cop. correct me if i am wrong administrator. check to make sure you have the 9 volt power supply from j5-3 to j5-5 on the mcb board. if thats ok make sure you have 30 volts at the rvd2 input which is 3tb12 on the print i am looking at. check those out first and let us know, if not a new mcb board may be needed good luck let us know



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
most Lrv4 have a Hall Interface board..most are mounted in the duct either in the hoistway or to the side of the controller..have seen this recently..might want to make sure that you are not having a input to the processor from a position inductor which is not changing states while running thru target magnets..this condition will cause all hall buttons to lite at once....processor does not know where car is...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Scott, you are correct the hall calls come directly back to the CPU board in the COP. I don't remember seeing those power supplies on the print. I'll have to check on the job tomorrow and get back to you. Are those power supplies created on the MCB board or do they originate from the controller?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
according to the print it is referred to as PSB. power supply board. must be a stand alone board. I'm not real familiar with the lhm lrv4 so I'm am not sure where the power supply is. i would be more inclined to check the rvd2 input. let us know



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well, it appears this problem is software related. This elevator is about 10 years old but has never been inspected or run on normal group operation. It seems that the software installed is for a duplex not a simplex. Are there any Otis experts out there that know a work-around for this issue or is new software the only solution?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I need to make a correction. This is not an LRV-4 it's actually using the LRS-3 Microprocessor. Part # F8121BC1



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good luck trying to find that replacement board...might be easier to have the customer upgrade to an lrv4..with latest software...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
correction, sorry about the rvd2 input on a prior post, that is the detector edge input, I thought it was similar to the RV input on earlier lrv3 units. should have looked closer at the print. can anyone tell us the differences between lrv3, lrv4, and lhm controllers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check your PM's and let me know



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The LRS was kinda of "hybrid" sort of conglomeration. There were many versions of the LRS as compared to the LRV series. If you have an LRS you need to find an LRS that you can copy the software from. We had a job where a mainboard was removed from the job. I had to copy the software from a donor unit that was exactly like the patient. These being LRS's I was limited in how I got the software-even at "O". If they would have been LRV's it would have been much MUCH easier. I think World Electronics sells an LRS mainboard. Its a used board as there are not any new ones around ☹️



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Most Lrs...have analog displays..as their counterparts Lrv,s have digital P.I,s...when problems arise with pcb...they can be upgraded with the lrv4 processor and latest software cooked...they tend to be much more reliable than they were when they were a 3..fireman service features are enhance to do more....



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top