Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Glide

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,564 Views
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36308]
Looking for feedback on using the Otis Glide operator(old AT400) on mods?
\

With the failures of Vantage elevator(GAL and Courion) we are looking for a different supplier.

Do like the Wittur product, but they are as bad as GAL for timely response and delivery.



   
Quote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you trying to get the direct replacement for the AT from GAL: https://www.gal.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/GAL-MONXT-OMNI-Telescopic-Linear-Operator.pdf
This is brand new model designed specifically to directly replace the AT operator. In my opinion, this would be the best product. Because this product was just recently released, longer lead times may be possible.

What's nice about the Wittur product SGV/AMD is that if you have a 6040 lock, you can upgrade the clutch to an interlock clutch and get rid of the rusty sheet metal between floors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have used the glide on a couple mods. It's fairly straightforward if you have some Otis experience with the blue tool. It can be a bit temperamental getting set up but once it's adjusted it seems to run well



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I personally love to use the Glide operator to replace existing Otis operators. We have done several replacing the old QL, 7300 and 7770 operators. They have put together a nice package and you can generally get them in 3-4 weeks as opposed to GAL's 12-16 weeks. I totally agree with you regarding Vantage. We call them DisadVantage. Unitec's folding door restrictor is another great product too.

As for the MONXT I would stay away from it until they work out the bugs. We put in 2 on a front and rear opening MOD this last year and had ALOT of problems. I won't go into detail but if you want to know more I can certainly share.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Flyballgov)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's pretty straight forward going from AT400 to A Glide, change Two brackets and add a transformer in the controller



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dlb159)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm working on a swap from at400 to Glide now and it reset the loadweigher. Now I'm having issues trying to relearn it. I have very little Otis experience at all, but following their procedure for setting up the loadweigher just isn't working. The % doesn't change when I change the gain. Has anyone else dealt with that?



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dlb159 did you check the gaps/prechecks on the load weigher?

I had some door mods done and weights afterwards were all over the place



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top