Elevator Forum

Otis, Gen2 Security...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis, Gen2 Security for car calls

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,372 Views
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38964]
I have a group 2 cars that I’m putting car call security. It is six stops with the lobby floor being the egress which is the fourth landing. I added boards, 50 and 51 and address them. I’m wondering what parameters I need to turn on to make the system work. The security parameters are an M1317.. I don’t know which of these parameters and what setting I should have it on. I already checked that my inputs and outputs for 50 and 51 RS5 boards. The programming is in there so I’m thinking that one of my settings is wrong for security. Any help is appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think I can help you with this. Is it GCS or older GEN2?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It says gen2 but it has the single board like the GCS does with the region drive and the separate contactor cabinet. So I think it’s a GCS even though it says it’s a gen 2.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I sent you a PM but for parameters just EN-CRC has to be set correctly, usually 3 or 4 and set 326 high. You can set 326 to 01 0 or assign it an address and make that bit high. Your IOs in 1-3-2 should be something like:
161 = 50 1
162 = 50 2
163 = 50 3
164 = 01 0
165 = 51 1
166 = 51 2
326 = 01 0



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you I got it all working. Part of my issue was the security companies boards dragging down my communication on my RS 5 boards, I’ve never done this before but now I can actually see my IO’s on and off when I add 30 V to the inputs I added relays for the lockouts and I’m just having their system Send me the ground that way I separated their system from our system. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Take the stairs; 02/14/25 01:58 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@TheElevatorGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's pretty standard practice to use dry contacts for interfacing between the elevator controller(s) and third-party hardware such as a building security system. This is done to specifically prevent problems such as the one you appear to have experienced where different voltage references for the "common" or "return" / exist. As a result, what one system sees as "ON" (which might be +24 to +30 VDC), the other might not see as the same voltage level.

Sometimes systems will use opto-isolators on the inputs and outputs to solve this problem, however that's not what you'll find on an Otis RS-5 board.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top