Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Gen 2 Problem

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
21.7 K Views
(@Elevatorchum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37404]
I’m looking for suggestions here on an OTIS Gen 2. I’m working on car 1 in a 2 car group. Its current status is NAV. All batteries have been replaced other than the small 3v one. I know batteries have caused me weird issues in the past. My status is NAV unless I put it on INS. It runs fine on Inspect and will also take calls via the blue tool. I’ve performed multiple successful learn trips. I’ve also went through pretty much every parameter setting and compared them to the other identical car in the group. Nothing is different other than car specific parameters.

Here is what I’m hoping may clue some of you in on the problem…

Under 1-3-1-2 (RISE)
My bottom “old” setting is stuck on 065. It should be at 001. It won’t let me change it. Yes, I turned off write protect.

Also under 1-3-1-5 (RAND-C) stuck on 255. It will not change back to 000. I changed this in an attempt to let it run with random car calls to make sure it was fixed before putting it back to normal operation.

Any advice would help at this point. Thanks!



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Whats your shutdown log say? Error log?



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
M1221
M222
M421

What does these say?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorchum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The original fault was a drive fault. It referenced a phase imbalance of some sort. I checked phasing and power and sure enough I had low voltage coming out of the drive. I turned off power and basically did a drive PM. Checked and tightened all connections, terminals, etc… Put the power back to it and all checked out fine… I assumed I had a loose connection or there was power issue in the building that is now resolved. In my attempt to make sure there wasn’t more to the problem I wanted to let it run on random car calls for a while before putting back into public service. Thats when I followed the manual to turn off doors and put the car on random car calls for a while. It never worked after that… To answer your question it is currently logging and 1800 EFO-Mismatch fault and an 1801 ASL-P mismatch fault. At that point I put the elevator back into service from a parameter perspective. Doors back on etc. At this point RAND-C will not allow me to change back to 000 through
1-3-5-1 and now my bottom floor setting is stuck on 065. I never changed anything on the bottom floor setting in 1-3-1-2, so I don’t know how that changed to 065. Per the manual it can only go to 064. It stays that way even after multiple successful learn trips.

It’s screwed up. I haven’t forgot that the drive may still be an issue. However it will take calls and run fine when I give it commands from the tool and it’s not logging any drive faults. I’m leaning toward EEPROM chips or a bad board.

I was hoping maybe someone else has a similar problem.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorchum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I had to leave for the day MX4. I’ll be back at it in the morning and will let you know.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m no Otis guru, the fault is saying that fire service operation has mismatch values?

Do you have gen2 manuals? If not I can send you them



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can try to clear block on drive if any and dsp
Have you cleared pf ram?



   
ReplyQuote
 Zakk
(@Zakk)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can you shoot the gen 2 manuals my way? [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorchum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry on the late response. I do have the GEN 2 manuals. Thanks MX4

The mismatch faults are being logged because of the inability to properly set the bottom floor to 001 per the manual. I was told by an Otis adjuster friend that I would get these faults until I was able to change several software chips that are malfunctioning. I have the chips on order and will update everyone if this fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help, guys.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dj Campbell)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anytime you have parameters that change on their own, it’s a safe assumption the Batram chips are going bad. Hope new ones get you headed in the right direction.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sinister1ca)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not baT ram! ocss software needs to be recopied with data man



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The gen 2 has bat ram chips.....? Thought they were eeproms?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mikeg2294)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi any chance you can send me the manuals? Just got a job with one, no prints or manuals on site.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what sinister1ca said. i'm guess this is an "original" gen2, in which case it has eeprom on RCB & battram on MLB



   
ReplyQuote
(@jones NS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hello MK4, please I also need the gen2 manual... I'll be very grateful if you could help me with it.... thank you



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top