Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
13/06/2026 11:54 pm
Hey guys!
Many of you OTIS guys know very well what i mean by saying that the bluetool gadget is horribly horrid. It's large, bulky and annoying. I'm almost done with my current project: A tiny thing that you plug into the serial port like the bluetool, but allows you to do everything you would do with bluetool over bluetooth!
My current (and hopefully final) problem is that I can't seem to find info about what the bluetool sends to the otis system!
Help appreciated!!!
14/06/2026 1:00 am
I use one from aliexpress, i connect to the wifi and use a app on my mobilphone, almost like the bluetool.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...
14/06/2026 8:51 pm
That’s a cool little project, I had a similar interest in making my own f2k mull board program to speak to Kone buttons but ended up just getting a license. Can I ask what the tool speaks over ? If it’s rs232 or rs485 it will be different, cbf looking more into it but maybe tomorrow.
15/06/2026 1:54 am
Jadam, is the app pretty reliable? What is the app?
Last edited by Troubleshoot; 06/14/26 05:54 PM.
16/06/2026 7:08 am
Thegoat2....you go through big K to get the license? I have tried, but they tell me no. Do have the tools, but of course, not much good without the software.
17/06/2026 12:34 am
New Otis software you can’t use AliExpress blue tool. Gen3 your also screwed
20/06/2026 8:29 am
Otis had a Bluetooth dongle almost 20 years ago. then went to a wifi dongle and now back to corded. That should probably tell you something....
21/06/2026 11:10 am
Yeh I got my license keys the legit way for that, if you don’t have a mate at Kone you could potentially order the key switch they use to program the muls. Can be annoying though haha