will take calls but the GL contactor will not drop out and allow NTX and NT to drop out and then SE to pull in.
Car will only travel in slow speed. If SE is pushed in, pie plate will lift properly and 1E, 2E and FE will all pull in sequence for normal travel and stops.
If anyone has any suggestions on where to look for the problems I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jim Leon
If you GL is in and you turn the power off does GL drop out?
There has been many discussions about relays with saturated cores on Otis UCL controllers.
If GL drops out when you power down then it is being held in electrically. The GL circuit I am looking at shows LE, H, HSL a capacitor and resistors.
Do you have the prints?
Jim Leon
thank you.
Jim Leon
Thanks.
62 & 70 UCL CONTROLLER
SIMPLEX-UMV-COLLECTIVE CONTROL- 3 PHASE-3 WIRE
W/TYPE 6970A DOOR OPERATOR (REACTOR)- W/O ATTENDANT
SALES#186794 SERIAL#195171
I changed the pawl magnet that lifts the switches earlier this week. When I tested it the problem was still there. Further tracing led me to the GL relay.
The selector will take a call, GL will engage, the pawl magnet will initially lift the switches, the car will begin travelling slow speed. But when GL does not drop out, the pawl magnet de-energizes and drops the switches, and the car continues in slow speed to the next call.
If I manually pull out GL while the car is travelling in slow speed, the pawl magnet will lift the switches and car will travel at high speed to the next call.
I'll be getting back into the motor room later this week to test out if GL coil is bad. Will report back.
Thank you all for the advice.
Jim Leon
Thanks,
Jim Leon