Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis 30ucls

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,582 Views
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29802]
I have a 5 stop otis freight with peelle doors,the car is dropping high speed between floors in the up direction only and on the the last 2 floors. Any ideas? I'm not that familiar with this stuff and only happens intermittently thanks.



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When you find the car is the "C" relay in or out?



   
ReplyQuote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If memory serves check back contacts on direction relays also terminal speed switch.



   
ReplyQuote
(@crustyone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is there a 6850 selector on this equipment? If so you may have lost the overlap on 1asc 2asc brushes through wear.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok I will check it out, thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I asked if the "C" relay is out because if it was car may have tripped the ETS (Emergency Terminal Slowdown )via hoistway switch coming into top floor. This is usually tripped if the high speed relay"FE"is still in when it hits the hoistway switch. It Will drop "C" but "CX" will still be in. This circuit is designed so that if there is a passenger inside the car and they push/pull the stop switch and drop "CX" it will cycle the safety circuit and car will level into the floor. The trip is usually caused by a bad n/c closed contact on "FE". Broken Shunt Etc. If you post the wiring diagram number can be sure what you have. If you have selector limits at top and bottom, those are the NTS (Normal Terminal Slowdown).



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys,I will check it out this week. I have another issue with ac coming into my DC circuit somehow along c19. I need to isolate and determine where,it ends up arching on my in relay then blows fuse 19. Definitely getting familiar with this job,plus it doesn't help when the plant electricians touch it then call us and say its blowing 100amp fuses and 6amp control fuses,who knows what they did then I have to scold them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Let Me know if it is touchbuttons. If it is, most likey it is HJ LJ HS HG LG CBS. those are coils that have double windings, one for DC hold and an AC coil for pull-in. They do short.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No they are just the regular black push button, and I had hj and lj relays apart because I was reading the coils open when plugged in and had ac voltage on them with the hook out.dont think they had both coils on each of them



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top