Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 MUSS fault

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,775 Views
(@James Dattilo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36792]
I have an Otis 211 with a Muss fault. I know there’s a solution for it using a timer but can seem to find the wiring or write up on it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If it’s a Siemens starter just replace the logic board



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes. There's a triac soldered into the logic board that's toast. Gotta swap it out. Write down your overload amp settings and whatnot to save yourself some time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@James Dattilo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you guys I will try that when I get back to the job



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It’s a solid state relay and 9 times out of 10 when it’s a shorted up to speed problem what’s actually failed is the little surface mound protection cap across the contact. Once I noticed that new boards from Siemens were coming out without that cap installed I started just pulling them off instead of replacing the logic board. It's C65 directly under the SSR, usually under a lot of hot glue but if you cut a square around in with a knife and pull it out the cap typically comes with it.
Attachments
IMG_3824.jpeg (859.28 KB, 70 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@James Dattilo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Greatly appreciated. I’ll be going back to the job in a few days. I’ll
Post an update as soon as I get it running. I’m leaning to a new Siemens soft start they are old I was just trying to get the customer by but it’s time they upgraded it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tramguage1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The control boards can be repaired by World Electronics. All of our service techs carry one in there trucks. 95% of the time its the control board.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top