I didn't post because I checked the manual and found the pinout for the different brand curtains and wanted to rule out GAL wiring the curtains wrong from the factory. But the operator I did I think I remember checking and trying different ways of wiring the scanguards besides how they were sent from the factory but they would not work. Also I can't remember but I thought I read a long time ago gal had different u5 chips for different curtains. Also I read in the movfr manual that that u5 chip is programmed. Kind of hard to believe though. I have never heard of a hybrid IC that's a programmable type of memory like flash or eeprom but also has an optocoupler or something of that nature in the same chip. Its also only 8 pins. Possible but seems unlikely, its more likely gal is trying to make lots of money scraping the numbers off a 25 cent IC
I would LOVE to get IC numbers so I can order some of them and have them on the truck. And also would like to know if there's more than one chip for different curtains.
I’m very tempted to buy the TSH06F IC tester off Amazon with the possibility it might be able to identify the IC. If I end up finding out what it is I’ll let you know. GAL obviously isn’t going to help on this one.
If I find it, I will post it on here.
Nevermind!!!!!! found it.
[img] https://imgur.com/a/tBGK7gH [/img]