Elevator Forum

Otis 211 door closi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 door closing force

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,232 Views
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40554]
Have a otis 211 trying to adjust close door force change the parameter close force max from 133 to 80 not much difference any other parameter that should be looked at or changed ?TIA



   
Quote
(@TheElevatorGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
An Otis 211 is a controller type. What is the door operator type being used?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
At400



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
At400



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Write protect off



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you plugged into the operator or in the controller?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Plugged in to the operator top of car I was able to change the door close force the default is 133 I changed it to 80 that's minimum setting not seeing change the inspector said to high



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I how would u turn write protec off?



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
M181 I think is write protect



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Or it could be M281 I can’t remember without being hands on lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Its m-1-8-1 on newer stuff I think a 211 in m-1-61. But that's not the issue if you're plugged into the operator.

Do you have a pressure gauge to measure closing force?



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you trying to change close force because it is over 30# for your annual test? This has nothing to do with write protection, Go to M-3-1-5 and post the version #

Last edited by tayto; 01/11/26 05:53 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That is the correct parameter. If I recall there was an old version of AT400 SW. that did over torque and needed to be upgraded.

Would try taking readings at 130 and 80 and see if there is a difference. Just to make sure we are on the same page, to get the reading, with car on normal, place a call and stall the car door 1/3 of travel with your foot, apply gauge and move your foot.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Will try that if when I get back there it dose seem like there was no change in force after changing that parameter I'll have to bring tool back and re-check I do know I was able to change parameter it definitely saved new value even after remove tool clear faults and changed value remained changed.not sure of the version of at400 it was



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
the software should have been upgraded 15+ years ago. it's possible it never did especially if it got taken over by another company after handover.check the version # and post back here I can help you if you have the non-flash controller



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top