Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
25/03/2019 7:47 am
Otis 211 ; 3 stop telescopic hydro; 3 inline openings ; no rear
Problem: unit has just started getting stuck ; FLRP fault. Customer cycles power to restore operation .... clearing most of codes.
Job is over 100 miles out.
I have replaced selector card; and tape guides; checked all magnate placement and orientation at all 3 floors and slowdowns.
Problem occurs about once a week and may happen 2 or 3 times on one day and then not for another week or more
Problem: unit has just started getting stuck ; FLRP fault. Customer cycles power to restore operation .... clearing most of codes.
Job is over 100 miles out.
I have replaced selector card; and tape guides; checked all magnate placement and orientation at all 3 floors and slowdowns.
Problem occurs about once a week and may happen 2 or 3 times on one day and then not for another week or more
Has anyone had similar problem ? Cure ??
Thanks
25/03/2019 8:45 am
Is it always at the same floor? I have found a bad magnet on a 211.
25/03/2019 11:08 am
I think IDWT hit it on the head. I’ve seen multiple magnet failures on two side by side units that are only 10 years old. You need to determine if it’s the DZ or slowdown magnet. If it fails that often, park the car on the magnets and jostle the tape around while watching the selector LED’s, or watch carefully and while parked on the magnet, see if it drops out for a second. And if nothing pans out there, check the COP selector wiring.
31/03/2019 10:46 pm
Seco 2000, did you ever resolve this issue. We’ve been having a flrp issue on a 211 as well. Replaced magnets, selector board and cpu. Checked all wiring and traveling cable, magnet placement, and valve adjustment. Otis has been out twice and they weren’t able to fix it. The last thing we did was replace valve because according to tech on site on one occasion he was on top with helper giving it calls and saw it overshoot and shutdown with flrp. I thought maybe bypass was intermittently hanging up so we replaced valve and that didn’t help either. And I would think if that was the issue it would just level back down and keep going but we replaced valve anyway (uc2). It will run for almost 24 hours sometimes with no issues. My next step is to move all traveling cables having to do with selector to spares and then trying another selector board( maybe bad from factory?) .
31/03/2019 10:47 pm
Selector guides are fine too.
31/03/2019 11:23 pm
Did you replace all the slowdown magnets too or just the at floor magnets? Especially the slowdown magnets going into that floor the mechanic saw it overshoot. Kind of sounds like it read those wrong so it didn’t try to slowdown at that floor until it read the magnets at the floor level.
01/04/2019 12:39 am
I’ll have to check with tech who did work Monday morning. I’m assuming he replaced all.
Topic starter
11/04/2019 10:52 am
Thinking we may have a handle on this one. Yes ... I replaced magnates at floors 2 & 3 including slow down mags. Replaced selector card and guides. Checked wiring.
ST on job 10 hours without failure. Less than 2 hours after leaving had another fail ..FLRP.
The equipment room temperature may be part of the problem on this one. Temp was quite warm when I arrived at the job....but car was running. Small equipment room and no air flow. My entering and repeatedly in/out of room allowed enough air to prevent problem.
Mounting a digital thermometer in room.
I will update when I have more/ better information on.
ST on job 10 hours without failure. Less than 2 hours after leaving had another fail ..FLRP.
The equipment room temperature may be part of the problem on this one. Temp was quite warm when I arrived at the job....but car was running. Small equipment room and no air flow. My entering and repeatedly in/out of room allowed enough air to prevent problem.
Mounting a digital thermometer in room.
I will update when I have more/ better information on.
11/04/2019 12:52 pm
$10 pedestal fans have fixed many many otis hydro faults for me. I was just about to suggest this!
12/04/2019 2:07 am
We got our issue resolved too. New selector from Otis was bad.
Topic starter
06/05/2019 6:36 am
Car running for 4 weeks since I added small fan to circulate air in control.
Thanks for all the help.
Thanks for all the help.
Topic starter
14/07/2019 1:51 am
On my last post the 211 3 stop, telescopic hydro had operated for 2 months trouble free with fan on control..
Early June that stopped. Failures occurred every 3rd to 10th trip.
Elevator would stop at any point in hoistway on FLRP or just stop and correct up or down. Replaced travel conductors to selector, replaced all magnets again, replaced selector guides again.
UNITEC (Otis) sold me a replacement: replacement would not operate on inspection from board, or access from car. determined IO/CPU board was bad.
Sent Original board to Access Electronics for repair: they found (after hours of normal operation) that board had an intermittent failure near U-78 (??) .Board could be repaired but program and parameters would be lost.
Just installed a loaner IO/CPU board and reset parameters and restored to operation.
...
Question: Would any one have a file saved from about 10 years ago <<AP130985AAAZIP>> ??
If so contact... me with conditions for sending copy..
,,
Early June that stopped. Failures occurred every 3rd to 10th trip.
Elevator would stop at any point in hoistway on FLRP or just stop and correct up or down. Replaced travel conductors to selector, replaced all magnets again, replaced selector guides again.
UNITEC (Otis) sold me a replacement: replacement would not operate on inspection from board, or access from car. determined IO/CPU board was bad.
Sent Original board to Access Electronics for repair: they found (after hours of normal operation) that board had an intermittent failure near U-78 (??) .Board could be repaired but program and parameters would be lost.
Just installed a loaner IO/CPU board and reset parameters and restored to operation.
...
Question: Would any one have a file saved from about 10 years ago <<AP130985AAAZIP>> ??
If so contact... me with conditions for sending copy..
,,
Another IO/CPU board on way from UNITEC Parts. Maybe this one will work. ??
14/07/2019 7:58 am
Last IOBD I installed that was ordered from United with the correct job # came ready to go. I think I had to change 1 security parameter.
14/07/2019 10:11 am
Yes, we have lost 3-4 SD cards MCE willl warranty exchange the SD cards.
Topic starter
14/07/2019 11:48 pm
Indirtwetrust: good to know some come out right. Local otis tech received 5 boards before he had no problem.
Yes I provided all correct job numbers to my contact at UNITEC. Next board has been 'flash programmed'. and is in transit now.
Yes I provided all correct job numbers to my contact at UNITEC. Next board has been 'flash programmed'. and is in transit now.
Page 1 / 2
Next