Elevator Forum

O thompson hydro no...
 
Notifications
Clear all

O thompson hydro not stopping intermediate floors

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,188 Views
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19120]
I have a relay logic o Thompson 4stop hydro, no prints that will not stop at intermediate floors. if anyone can send print or advice will be a great help. It's has leveling vanes and magnectic zone switches all switches are good.there is no info on controller. I can send pic



   
Quote
(@InFritzWeTrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Relay logic with no prints... tough to troubleshoot over an Internet forum. I can't help you out about prints, but here is how I would approach it:

Answer these questions:

Are intermediate floor calls latching?
Is the problem directional, or does it occur in both directions?

Assuming that intermediate floor calls are being latched:

The first sequence of events for the stopping circuit on most relay logic hydros is for the selector to step. Are there any relay acronyms that clue you in to see if the selector is stepping? Maybe 1P, 2P, 3P, etc.?

If the selector is stepping properly, the next step in the stopping sequence would be to drop high speed. Again, any acronyms that might be the high speed relay? H perhaps? Is the high speed relay still picked with voltage as it passes by the intermediate floor where a call is registered?

After high speed is dropped it should start leveling when the selector sees the leveling vane for that floor, and stop by dropping the main direction relay (U or D?), dropping the level up or level down relay (LU or LD?), cutting out the motor and up slow valve coil when the level up sensor comes off the vane (for up direction), or by cutting off the down level valve coil when the level down sensor comes off the vane (for down direction). This step is obviously not happening.

I would check all the relays, and stepping vanes that may be associated with the functions in that stopping sequence. May be relay contact failure, or a bad stepping switch on the selector.

Most elevators will slow down to stop at the terminals even if they are not stepping because of the terminal slow down switches actuated by the car cam.

Hope this helps, good luck. This would be a fun one to troubleshoot with prints, I'm sure you would have it fixed by now if you had prints.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The calls do latch and will not cancel calls so if I select 1c call which is the 3rd fl. From bottom and another fl. Above so car would run up and go into slowdown once it gets to 1st fl then go right back into high speed and open at top fl. Then run down and would drop out of high speed at both intermediate floors and stop and open at bottom terminal landing I have hs hsx relays and SD sdx relays I'm guessing there the relays that drop high speed I will check on Monday my stepping relays from top to bottom are 2s 2sa, 1s 1sa 1sb,ups upsa upsb and LPS lpsa lpsb I checked all these stepping relays all good I will try on Monday to check the SD and sdx relays. thanks for info infritz I will let you know how I make out it telly tough without print



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So when it passes intermediate floor zone magnets hs and hsx drop and SD and sdx pick and drop out at both intermediate floors in down direction but in up direction. If I have a call for 1c which is 3rd fl. It would only go by upc which is 2nd fl. And then drop out hs hsx and pick SD sdx and go into SD and right back into HS once it passes the 1c which is 3 fl. Call and run to top fl. SD and level and open doors and run back down without cancel call there is about 120 cube relays on board lol!



   
ReplyQuote
(@InFritzWeTrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hmmm, if I gather correctly from what you are saying, it will slow down, but not stop, and not open doors, and not cancel calls at intermediate floors in both directions.

The main direction relays must be staying picked to not stop. What could be holding the main direction relays picked? Maybe a door zone contact? Might as well check any relays that look like they are related to door zone. Just throwing out ideas.

But you say it opens the doors at the terminals. This is a good one. I'm curious to know what it ends up being.

Good luck and report back!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm going back Monday I will keep you posted. Now that you said that with doors now I'm thinking it might have pre-opening doors. Hmm maybe?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've never seen an O'Thompson Hydro myself but I did find something in my library. I sent you a PM, hope it helps.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
ThanKS in dirt I think that might be a print in there I will see this Monday I will post later that day and hopefully will report what the problem was.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Got prints and found NO contact bad not allowing HS to drop out which I would never pick leveling coils
Because of NC contact on HS would not close in circuit for leveling magnets



   
ReplyQuote
(@InFritzWeTrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Great! Thanks for reporting back.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top