Elevator Forum

My idea for duplex ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

My idea for duplex hydros

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,264 Views
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8117]
Had a thought today. Does anyone know if any manufacturers have software that will switch "master and slave" elevator according to oil temp? For example, if the master oil temp. Reaches a certain temp I.e. 105 deg. Software would automatically switch the master to the other unit. I would think that some engineer would have thought of this. Anyone ever heard or seen this, or is it too much? If not, I get credit and the mega bucks this would bring.



   
Quote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the oil is cold the unit runs viscosity. Once the oil gets to a certain temp the cooler kicks on. Keeping it in a certain prime range. These days the whole slave master things is out the window with modern technology Don't you think? Cars should be dispatched according to which car is closer for shorter wait times.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Elevator controls on these units (4stop hydros) do not have viscosity control. I guess that I should have included that in my original post. These units are not that old (4 years). I am not that fond of the IECA units that were installed very cheaply several years ago. They have Blain valves (junk) and holeless jacks which were installed with minimal rail supports. If you see one of these units, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!! Don't want to say who installed most of these units, but I am "ABELL" to say that they are garbage.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anything over a 3 stop should be traction. Too bad the MRL's excluding the GEN2 are made with such inferior materials. I have ISIS and Synergy on my route and they are a huge headache. Im scared to death to walk on a cartop of KONE's hydro killer.

I thought you were speaking of a new install. You are talking about a existing unit you wanna change to this. Ive seen plenty of viscosity circuits on hydros over 3 stops.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like you need oil coolers on those units. And if your gonna do coolers you might as well throw in new maxton valves because of the damage the other valves took with the hot oil. Dont chase your tail...Sbr Agree 100% I'm tired of working w/ holeless units w/ resyncing issuses; terrible design...Oh and the Kone MRL'S just bend your knees before you let off of inspection. My legs still hurt from running and stopping on those units.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have some 8 stop Mowerys...... YUCK!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The kone cartops are a little flimsy, but surely safe. Unless you're 300lbs. If take any new technology unit that has cables or belts, hydro oil sucks!



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Mowery hydros that is...



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top