Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MPH II Temp Fault

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,438 Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3549]
The elevator intermittently gets a temp fault and returns to the lowest landing. There are no temp switches connected to the controller. What else other than a temp sensor would cause a temp failure? The book doesn't really offer any info. Thanks for the help!!!



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dont know much about the MPH2....if it has a thermal overload on P1 to P2 on the pump motor could this be opening up? That is if it is a self reseting thermal or maybe a loose wire on the thermal on the motor maybe?



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There's a thermal and/or bi metallic contact in the 5 & 11A circuit, are they jumped?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think I have it figured out. I referred back to a post that Dan Zeitz wrote about an MPHI that had a similar issue. If the computer doesn't see the K55 input then the elevator will fault out with a Temp Failure after a period of time. In his case it was 13 seconds. I wasn't really paying attention to the run time when I was on the job but I did notice it would fail more often on longer runs than short runs. A while ago, another company installed a solid-state starter and I think they may have mis-wired this circuit when they removed the wye-delta configuration. I'll be back to the job tomorrow to check it out. Wish me Luck!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Low oil/AST has the same outcome.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like your on it!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok, went back to the job. Just as suspected, the signal wires for the K55 input were taped up in the bottom of the controller under the solid-state starter. I'm glad Danzeitz posted that proplem, this one could have had me going for a while. Thanks for the help!!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top