Elevator Forum

MPH 2 ignores door ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

MPH 2 ignores door screen

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,756 Views
(@Hunter)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36344]
I have a MPH-2 that electric eyes were upgraded to door screen years ago. Recently had a door board bad and replaced it. It currently will ignores the door screen once the door begins to close (works normally if door is fully open). I’ve checked open and close limit inputs. I can see photos eye inputs change state with service tool. I’ve swapped car IO boards with one another, changed MHC board, all with no change. Anyone ever run into something similar ?



   
Quote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Replacing the board is just plug and play,
has anyone worked on the wiring?

Is it a TDC board?

the TDC and HVM receive the "door screen" input at the same time,
and should open even if the HVM input fail, is like a redundancy



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya, the TDC boards won’t even close from the manual switches with the photo eye in the wrong state. I’ve seen the boards get replaced more than once because of it. So I would make it simple and test from the manual switches. Use a jumper to make sure it works correctly without the detector.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hunter)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just to clarify it does close but it just won’t reopen when you put your hand in front of the door screen. It just continues to close even though I can see the electric eye signal on service tool is activated.

Door screen will stay the door open if I put my hand in front of it AND the door is fully open.
But after door begins to close it will not reopen with door screen.

(Door screen has been replaced already)



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is the commanded output to the operator board changing state from close to open?

Honestly I've never worked on the door boards on one of these but I'm wondering if your open torque is too low and the door doesn't have the torque to stop and reverse? Or close speed to high?

I guess I'm trying to narrow down between an control failure on one of the boards vs an adjustment issue



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hunter)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ended up being door operator board was latching the door close signal. Replaced it again, working normally. Thanks everyone for there responses.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top