Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
05/04/2017 6:57 am
I have decided that we need better on-site motor testing capabilities. I wanted to see what other guys are using, something that works especially well for you. Preferably beyond a megger but if you have one you love I'd like to hear that too. I'm leaning toward the All Test Pro 31, it looks pretty capable and Martindale sells that one but there are several other and more expensive models. There is also a pretty cool bar to bar comm tester on Martindale's website, anyone used it? I don't really see anything from Fluke besides a lot of different insulation testers.
05/04/2017 9:32 am
I hate to admit this but, I use a supco. It cost less then $100. It's about the same size as a small fluke meter. Perfect for checking the insulation.
I'm not saying " it's the only tool you will need ". But, it has been a very useful item for me!
Topic starter
06/04/2017 9:27 am
All I have ever used is a megger and a meter but there have been a few instances on AC motors that would read fine but the motor was bad. Twice a pump motor would blow fuses immediately, another couple where the drive would fault with load. I would just like to be more definitive in these cases.
18/04/2017 10:53 pm
Thanks for the info on the Supco. Looks nice and light to carry !