Elevator Forum

Miprom 21 "No BC Fe...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Miprom 21 "No BC Feedback" Fault

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
24.3 K Views
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#23576]
Working on a Miprom21 DDC that has "No BC Feedback" fault

I understand that this is a MSU "BCI" (Balance Complete Input) that originates from the drive "Motion adapter" board

with the ribbon cables it's difficult to meter this signal

I have re seated ribbon cables, boards, changed both "BCX" and "BC" relays with no luck

I'm leaning towards faulty "Motion Adapter" board in drive

Is there something else I should be looking at that this "BCI" input monitors that I can check?

Thanks for any suggestions



   
Quote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Auxillary M contacts?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep aux M contact or a bad relay, or a bad relay pilot bd. Check sheet 2 of the prints for the BCI and BCX circuits. You also need the drive ready light in the drive to be high.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And if M does pick, sheet 8, top of the page, you need to get enable input to the drive. I don’t remember if you need run too before the drive will pick BCX but you definitely need enable. And if M is not picking, don’t forget about the little PR pilot relay buried up in the drive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thxs for the info...

NC aux M contacts meter good but the M contact never pulls in to check NO aux contacts.

I was under the impression that because I have a DDC and not a anolog drive( uses aux M contacts) that my BC signal is originated from drive then routed back to MSU board through BCX and the MC contacts

I'm looking at some prints now...looks like I may have overlooked a BJ1 pilot relay that is right before BCX....and if I recall correctly I believe the job specific prints(500 FPM) at building shows my ETS circuits running through M aux contacts(which may explain why none of the ice cube relays are lit up but my high and lo voltages are good to board)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Rodger that...I will also look at PR pilot relay
Thank you Sir



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Someone please correct me if I get this sequence wrong. MSU picks a direction relay, U or D, P contactor picks through N/C M contact etc. sheet 3. On sheet 8, ENA relay and LED on relay pilot board pick through direction relay and P, CO LED should also light. CO signal goes to drive on sheet 10, picks K2 drive relay, drive picke K3 relay. When K3 and K2 pick, PR contactor pilot relay should pick (H-5) which picks M contactor (D-12)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
To correct my earlier post, you don’t get Run until M and then brake contractors pick. Also, the pilot relay isn’t always used. I think it depends on the size of the M contactor.

I don’t know what all is envolved with the drive picking K3 though, maybe someone else knows more about it.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 03/26/18 01:23 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I will continue troubleshooting tomorrow and follow up, thxs again



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If P2 doesn’t drop out after a run, you’ll never get M. If these are the OEM (or I guess AB could flake out) relays (SB, SBD, P2 etc), no doubt time to renew them as that pneumatic timer craps out.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you good info...as for most, Mondays are always crazy, didn't get to go by there today, been playin with composites all day

Miprom21...out of those3, P2 is the only one that does pull in, I haven't bothered metering the NO NC contacts on it as I've been focused on the "No BC Feed Back" fault and the related circuit....now you have me thinking it's one of the NO or NC P2 circuits, I will find out tomorrow and follow up



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
and yes they do look to be OEM with original timers



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be sure to check if you haven’t, each wire connection at those three relays. Broken wires, shorted caps at the coils (open fuse would be evident there) are common. Same on the “M” contactor coil and aux contacts...They can be broken right at the terminal screw (crush point), or fried inside the relay terminal point and your eye may not see it. Be sure your brake contact is functioning correctly.

Good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is the m contactor like the one on a analog a&b drive? I've had those give me issues before logging 14 faults if I remember right. I replaced all the AUX contacts on m contactor even though they metered out fine. It turned out that that mechanism of the contactor that opens/closes the AUX contacts was worn out causing 14 faults.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yes sir I was getting VP 14 faults, I never once saw the M contactor pull in...the P2 was the only one pulling in but good info Thxs

With elev on 2nd landing I had a mis match with Red led NTSI input off and Green ETS output on...it was difficult to troubleshoot the ETS boards in bottom of controller with original ice cube relays, hard to tell if they were picked or not so I replaced them all along with the ETS and NTS ones on upper swing panel board with the user friendly IDEC ones with LED and the elevator took right off, observed operation for an hour with no issues.
Wish I could report what the smoking gun was and issue may vary well come back.

Someone did mount a ice cube relay that when pushed it pulled in M contactor(nice way to verify good coil)....didn't trace wires out so not sure what the purpose was

Hats off to the Gents with all the Miprom knowledge....those can be a real Bear!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top